Bucket List

I have two on that list. Not too bad for someone from the left Coast. Hope to make more later on this year depending on how much Corona is left.

Well so far I have 5 off the list. How about you ....:Shrug:

View attachment 89082
All of them at least once, some several times. Some I just stumbled upon, others I saught out, some I grew up learning and still love. Deals gap & Tail of the Dragon are same road. Don't know what y'all call it, but US-64 across NC is a good ride. Also, take a ride across Rt-56 from Vesuvius, Va. to Colleen, Va. or US Rt-60 from Buena Vista, Va. east as far as you like. Rt 60 up in West Virginia, historic ride. Rt 7 up along the Ohio River to East Liverpool & "Point of Origin" … https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beginning_Point_of_the_U.S._Public_Land_Survey

I had hopes someday of riding US Rt-160 through Wolf Creek Pass out in Colorado someday, same thing about US Rt-60 in Arizona's Salt River Canyon.

I did hugely enjoy Wind River Canyon in Wyoming on US Rt-20. I-40 from NC into Tenn is fun, but too much traffic. Plain old US Rt-441 through the Smokies is always good.

US Rt-221 BELOW the Blue Ridge Parkway as it skirts Grandfather Mountain in NC and again from it's turn off 16 north of Jefferson, NC on up to Independence, Va. is a royal PITA, it will wear on you both places. Far better to stay on 16 north to eat at Shatley Springs, then ride up to Mouth of Wilson in Va … and then use US Rt-58/221 east to Galax … or head west on US Rt-58 through Grayson County, past White Top to tour Damascus and catch US Rt-11 at Abingdon.

Towns you'll be hard pressed to enjoy more are Covington (Dukes) & Madison, Ga. east of Atlanta, then head up US-Rt 129/441 (old Dixie Highway route) … and then there is Floyd, Va up on US Rt-221 then head on to Roanoke avoiding I-81 of course. There is Bedford, Va. (Bedford Boys) & the D-Day Memorial, even 4 laned US Rt-460 is a nice, sedate, scenic ride there.

You may say that I got carried away, :confused: "My Bad" :xzqxz: … but I was helplessly lost as I let my mind revisit these places & good times & good rides now past. :)

If anyone ever gets out Arizona way, a "must do" is highway 191 between Alpine and Clifton, AZ. More than 460 curves, some at 15 MPH (or slower)! As the name Alpine would suggest, this is a high altitude experience..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png