Maggie Valley Gathering Info & Signup Page

Although I won't be able to attend the event I will be in Tennessee during that time frame. So, I plan on at least coming over the mountain to visit on either Monday or Tuesday late afternoon. Had things been a little different I would have liked to stayed for the get together. Tomg

Although I won't be able to attend the event I will be in Tennessee during that time frame. So, I plan on at least coming over the mountain to visit on either Monday or Tuesday late afternoon. Had things been a little different I would have liked to stayed for the get together. Tomg

Doesn't officially start until Tuesday, although many arrive early. Tuesday night is usually Hot Dog night.

Doesn't officially start until Tuesday, although many arrive early. Tuesday night is usually Hot Dog night.

Not sure what night we will get our reservations for the restaurant on the Blue Ridge yet as they only take them a week out! We are shooting for Mon or Tues. After stopping to visit we will be heading over to view the elk before going back over the mountain. Tom

Was wondering if the Registration list could be updated? I'm guessing there are at least 10 or more folks on that list who have canceled.

Also, sure Hope the weather takes a break for the gathering. If not, PACK YOUR RAIN GEAR. It's been raining every day for a month and no letup in the 10 day forecast. Some days just sporadic showers and other days torrential downpours and thunderstorms. I think my feet are starting to grow webs.

Safe travels to everyone heading this way. Looking forward to seeing some trikes in town:clapping:

Also, sure Hope the weather takes a break for the gathering. If not, PACK YOUR RAIN GEAR. It's been raining every day for a month and no letup in the 10 day forecast. Some days just sporadic showers and other days torrential downpours and thunderstorms. I think my feet are starting to grow webs.

Long range forecast looks good

I saw where "Thunder in the Smokies Rally" was Cancelled Due to COVID.

Just wanted to be sure Our Gathering was Still a GO.

What worried me was the Thunder in the Smokies Rally says that bc of COVID-19

the current State Guidelines are preventing them from holding all the events.

Just wondered if these same State Guidelines would affect our gathering?

I saw where "Thunder in the Smokies Rally" was Cancelled Due to COVID.

Just wanted to be sure Our Gathering was Still a GO.

What worried me was the Thunder in the Smokies Rally says that bc of COVID-19

the current State Guidelines are preventing them from holding all the events.

Just wondered if these same State Guidelines would affect our gathering?

YES, we are a GO! One of our members is already there! We are arriving on the 4th, so we will have plenty of time to scope things out.

I did a google search and only rules I found that pertained to us were; social distances, masks in public places and no outside groups over 25.

All our activity is outside and my unofficial count shows us around 25.

Campgrounds are open and all are full. Wheels of time, most shops and all bars are closed. Some restaurants are take out only or closed. Gas stations and grocery stores are open.

I recommend we grill outdoors or send someone to pick up our takeout orders and use motel tables under the carport.

The motel breakfast is limited. I would recommend bringing your own breakfast and snacks. Micro waves are in rooms.

Bring snacks for rides in case we can't find open places to stop.

We may have smaller numbers, but I will not let their dumocrat governor stop us from having fun!!

Jan & John

MV Ride Captain 2016 2017 2018 2019

Not sure what night we will get our reservations for the restaurant on the Blue Ridge yet as they only take them a week out! We are shooting for Mon or Tues. After stopping to visit we will be heading over to view the elk before going back over the mountain. Tom

Hope you can make it. Keep in touch! six one six for nine ate oh nine five fore

Leave a message or text, we may be out of service

Jan & John

:clapping:looks like the clouds have finally run out of water. Two days in a row with no rain...first time in a couple months that has happened. Must be because John is almost here:D

I believe there are more places open then closed. If you can't find what you need here in MV, just hit the next town over, Waynesville and everything there is open.

Under normal circumstances I would have left San Diego at O dark thirty this morning and would have been in El Paso, Texas tonight. Maybe next Year.

Last year at MV, my triumphant return to the Rattler, I committed to returning this year. I also indicated I’d probably have a failing knee replaced. The knee was replaced at the end of Dec. I went thru the obligatory PT and “graduated” in mid-April. The plan was to continue the recovery at the gym, then they closed the gyms. Damn! May was spent languishing at home and then they announced operating rooms were allowed to reopen! Not knowing how long the Covid was going to screw up our lives I decided to take the plunge and have my dislocated shoulder fixed in June. My last PT for the shoulder is next week. Needless to say I can’t be in two places at the same time and am torn between MV and PT but PT has to win. Since I can’t keep my commitment this year I am forced to take a rain check until next year.

In the mean time, those of you who are able to make it to MV, ride well and have enough fun for the rest of us.

Cheers!

Ed, Connie & Kelly

I would love to see that new machine you are driving, but alas I won't make it this year.

I'm baaaaack! Sort of . . .

It's Connie's Wing and she's not up to riding it. It has been in the shop for a fuel pump replacement since last Sept. Today it finally came home.

I can't express how good it felt to ride again! (Happy)(Happy)(Happy)

Attachments

• IMG_1981.jpg
    IMG_1981.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 60
Nice hearing from you. We was getting worried when you were not answering messages.

Will Connie let you take it to MV? Maybe you can trailer it there. :D

Nice hearing from you. We was getting worried when you were not answering messages.

Will Connie let you take it to MV? Maybe you can trailer it there. :D

I've been overwhelmed by the house hunting, covid BS (No, none of us have gotten it) and the world/country situation. For that I apologize.

Yes! I have been told to do things like MV. Actually getting a trailer for it is a good idea. I'll have to investigate the availability. Anyone got sources reasonably close to Pensacola?

The downside is that it's looking like Connie's back may keep her from riding. She's already told me to undo the mods I did to the bike to make it fit a shorter person. :(

- - - Updated - - -

ThumbUp AWESOME ED! Looks like you belong on there!!!

Becky looked at the pic and said she was gonna cry tears of joy!

Bless you Becky! It's not a Kawi but it's got 3 wheels and handles well. ;) Probably the biggest plus is the CSC kit.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png