kruze trunk lock

3W-lonerider

350+ Posts
Feb 18, 2008
Shippensburg, Pa
anybody else have an issue with the csc trunk lock unlatching itself.

i can close my lower trunk and verify that it is latched. after riding awhile then stopping i walk behind the trike and the lower trunk door is unlatched.

i have checked the cable under the seat to make sure nothing is pulling on it. i have also adjusted the pin so it has to be pushed extra to shut it and there no slop in the latching assembly. its got me puzzled.

anybody else have an issue with the csc trunk lock unlatching itself.

i can close my lower trunk and verify that it is latched. after riding awhile then stopping i walk behind the trike and the lower trunk door is unlatched.

i have checked the cable under the seat to make sure nothing is pulling on it. i have also adjusted the pin so it has to be pushed extra to shut it and there no slop in the latching assembly. its got me puzzled.

Where is the Key Fob when you are riding?

If it is in your pocket, you may be opening the trunk with you body movements. Just a thought.

I know the little buttons on my Key Fob can be sensitive.

Do you have to put 2 hands on the door, one on each side of the latch and give it a good push to latch? That is the way we were shown to do it and for the latch to be set properly when we bought our Trike.

Well apparently the latch wasn’t the only issue. After i adjusted it to get the latch from popping open going down the road the left side of the trunk door got all out of wack. Tried adjusting that but couldn’t get it right. So took it tp the dealer. They got it back where it’s supposed to be. They must’ve adjutant something I wasn’t. Not only that but i have no clue what came loose cause i checked all the bolts and they were all tight. But its good now.

Well apparently the latch wasn’t the only issue. After i adjusted it to get the latch from popping open going down the road the left side of the trunk door got all out of wack. Tried adjusting that but couldn’t get it right. So took it tp the dealer. They got it back where it’s supposed to be. They must’ve adjutant something I wasn’t. Not only that but i have no clue what came loose cause i checked all the bolts and they were all tight. But its good now.

All well that ends well........:clapping:....

I'm having the same problem with the trunk on my Champion conversion. I adjust it and it works for a while, then it starts right back to falling open when riding. If anyone could post up a picture or two as to where the problem might be, I sure would appreciate it! Thanks!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png