I had the alternator whine along with turn signal noise in the intercom of my 06 GL-1800 Motor Trike. It was so bad we could not use the intercom. The fix involved drilling three 1/8" holes in the frame. If the frame of our Goldwings were fragile enough to be harmed by a 1/8” hole I for one would not want to be riding on it. Some of you may have a different opinion. If you don't feel comfortable doing that I understand. If you want to get rid of the alternator whine and all other electrical noises in your intercom get about 10 feet of #12 electrical wire. Remove both side pockets and you will see the small part of the upper frame on each side. It's about 5/8" in diameter. Drill a 1/8" hole in a convenient place to run a screw. You can also use a self tapping screw. Remove the insulation and attach one end of the wire to the screw. Remove the seat and snake the wire down beside the gas tank and continue all the way back to the rear ground point under the seat. Attach the wire to the green wire in the big gray plug. I had previously cut the green wire a few months ago on each side of that plug and placed a jumper because I had tail light and turn signal grounding problems. The gray plug looked fine but when testing the pin with a ohm meter it had high resistance. Now continue on to the fat part of the frame just above the batteries negative terminal. Drill a 1/8” hole there. Use a file and remove any paint around the hole to insure a good connection. Run a screw in the hole and wrap the wire around it and tighten up the screw. From here drop down with the wire and connect to the negative terminal on the battery. There is plenty of room in the battery connection to accommodate another wire. Do not cut the wire anywhere. It should be one piece. Now continue on beside the gas tank and make your way down and up to the frame inside the other side pocket and attach the wire there with a screw. After doing this the intercom sounds better than it ever has since we had the bike. It's so quiet you will think it is not working until someone talks. All alternator whine, and turn signal noise is completely eliminated. I have a CB but rarely use it. I'll check on it later.