Cruise control problem

Aug 9, 2019
Ocala FL USA
Just installed new handlebars and all switches and lights working. Went for a few miles ride this morning. Pushed cruise control button and indicator light on speedo came on, when I tried to set speed it would not work. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Also, check your brake lights to be sure they're not constantly on. Brake light switches are a seriously finicky pain in the posterior extremities. If they're on, they'll prevent the cruise control from setting (voice of experience).

Also, check your brake lights to be sure they're not constantly on. Brake light switches are a seriously finicky pain in the posterior extremities. If they're on, they'll prevent the cruise control from setting (voice of experience).

That should set a DTC, my 17 Freewheeler for some reason set that code B2223 a couple of weeks ago. Very strange JU JU with this. I did NOT clear the code so I could let the dealer replace the rear switch under my ESP warranty. The code is now not showing up on a diagnostic check. So Where did it go? I dunno and the dealer checked for historic codes and found none. My Freewheeler has healed itself for now, BUT, with the location of the front brake light switch I know it is just a matter of time til it rears its ugly head again.

I have made it a weekly check to see if there are any codes stored. You can have codes without a check engine light on

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png