Vance and hines true duals installation video

Feb 20, 2020
Moncks Corner
I'm attempting to find a video on the installation of a vance and hines true dual header on my 2020 tri glide. Can anyone point me in the right direction? everything i've found on you tube is for touring bikes and this is definitely a different animal. the accompanying directions are rather confusing.

Welcome to the forum from Western Pennsylvania, from my bug screen the word I've heard true duels are not the best application if you're meaning two completely different pipes. Something about loosing all bottom end power good luck let me know how it turns out.:good:Ride safe Fred

P.S. Hopefully someone that knows more than I will chime in and clear my thinking up.

The install of the header pipe should be the same as a two wheeler ... the changes come with the "Z" pipe ... get a shop manual .. the torque specs and sequence help to seat the gaskets correctly. Be careful of the O2 sensors, they are a little delicate. Also, be careful routing their wires, lots of hot stuff down there.

I personally use a pipe expander (like $20 at harbor freight) to expand the "female" parts so the slide together easily. This is to allow better alignment. If I remember the Tru Duals are a 2" pipe verses the 1.75" OEM, so you'll need one that does 2".

Expander 19.44.jpeg

Also, before you fire up the beast, verify everything is torqued and nothing is touching something it shouldn't be. Can't remember if the tru duals have heat shields, if they do make sure they are torqued as well. Rattles can be created real easy with the install.

Good Luck. And welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png