Letting off steam

Ironhorsepilot

Contributing Member
Oct 15, 2008
Southeast Va
Hi guys! I hope you don't mind, but this venting time. As some of you know, my DH, George has been laid up with bad back for over a month. I mean, he has been flat on his back in bed. This is a very hard working man and has a hard time sitting still. I give him credit....he has been wonderful in his attitude.However, he has moaned, cried and been short of screaming every day.

We have been to several Drs for the last 3 weeks and 3 emergency rooms. We have been either in an ER or Dr's office every single day for the last week and a half. He begged to take him to Charlottesville, Va to see a non force chiropractor that he has gone to in the past for his knee problems. It is 3 1/2 hrs away. So, I took him up there on Friday, the 3rd.(with him moaning and groaning the whole way) The chiro gave him relief after 3 treatments on Friday. Wanted us to come back Sat. and he did two treatments. Got everything back in place in his back.....he was horribly out of place in many spots. Went back on Sunday and he put his sacrum back into place.

Went back this morning and he finished up, putting his sacrum back again. But George started hurting again and couldn't make it home, so we went to UVA hospital emergency room. They really drugged him up so we could get home. Got home to a house with a furnace problem, no heat, phone problem, can't figure that out ( yes, the bill has been paid) and a computer problem. Luckily, I have a wifi card and was able to hook up. We had a barn cat just up and die while we were gone. We could use some prayers.

We are back where we started weeks ago. Now it is injections which have a 50/50 chance of working. Surgery doesn't look real promising. 33% chance of no change, 33% chance of getting better and 33% chance of getting worse. A lot to think about! Thanks for listening, guys.........Joan

OH, his BP when we got to the ER was something like 248/146. I can't remember the exact, but it was off the charts. That was due to the pain he was in. When they released him, it was 167/99. Still very high.

Joan, I can't begin to understand the stress you're feeling, but I know that you don't exaggerate, so it must be something beyond belief. Please know that you do have friends on here that you can vent to any time at all, either on the board or in a PM, and we care about your welfare along with George's. My thoughts are with you; be strong and believe that he'll be better real soon.

Joan, you can vent to us any time you need to! And you definitely have our prayer support for both you and George! Keep us updated.....

Joan, May God be with you and all of your family during your time of need. Our prayers will surely be going out for you. Wish you the best and hope that you have friends and family close to help out. Weewilly

Joan, I'm so sorry those treatments didn't last - you sounded so promising on Sunday!! :(

You know you & George will be in my thoughts! I hope they can not only relieve his pain, but figure out what's causing it so they can find a more permanent treatment!!

HUGS to you both!!

Cheri

Joan, I'm so sorry for the trials you and George are going through! I have chronic back pain, so I know a tiny little bit of what it's like--not just painful but terribly frustrating. But mine is clearly nothing as bad as George's. Poor guy! I hope someone can help him.

And you--you're left to deal with everything that goes wrong, aren't you? Remember to take care of yourself, too. We're thinking of you both, and hoping for a solution--soon!--to George's pain!

Prayers from my corner of Kansas. At my age I'm familiar with hospitals, ERs and the like and really feel for his pain and your caretaking problems. Hang in there and know their are a lot of friends thinking of you both.

Joan: Both of you are in our thoughts & prayers. I am a chronic back & neck sufferer so can appreciate what George is going thru. If I might be so bold as to suggest that George try steroid shots before considering surgery, IMHO. Has certainly kept me going. In any case, I wish both of you well.

Thanks so much for your prayers and thoughts. Now that we have been home for a few days, I do believe the non-force chiro in Charlottesville really did help him. The drugs from UVA was enough to snuff out a horse, but they have calmed him down and now he is down to a dull roar. Still hanging out in the bed, but getting up more often, using a walker and trying to walk some around the house. It is his knee that is still bothering him a lot. That has been an ongoing problem area.
SaltyWheels...that is his next course of action. But we have run into issues. We wanted to go to another orthopedic for 2nd opinion and needed his records. The first Ortho never sent them. When the 2nd called us today and said if we could get the records into them today, they would still keep his appointment on Monday. The 1st ortho office refused to give us the records. I finally called the main Spine Center in Portsmouth and told them what happened. They called the center here and told them they better give me his records. So I went in and got them, but now the 2nd Dr. won't see us on Monday, as they say we were too late. So we are back to square one trying to find a decent Dr. to see him before the end of the month. I just can't believe how we have been treated. Like he is making it up and to them the pain is all in his head.
So the soap box continues!

Sending best wishes to you both for a good outcome from Australkia. I was getting frustrated for you just reading your posts.Go ahead and let off steam here as much as you like. We are all here for you. Even if some of us are a long way away, we are with you in spirit.

I really appreciate all of your prayers and well wishes. We got in to see our family Dr. yesterday and she is going to help us find a suitable Ortho for him and give us a referral.

So, we aren't alone in this now. We didn't go to her first because George couldn't stand or sit and her waiting room is always full of sick people. They weren't so busy on a Friday afternoon, so they took him and put him in a exam room so he could lay down for the hour and 1/2 for him to be seen. Very grateful for that.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png