New Project

Dec 30, 2014
Grand Junction, Co. USA
I've been considering this for a few years ... and I thing it's time.

My home built (modified boat trailer) has a 6' x 6' ramp that is awesome for getting the trike or bike onto the trailer. It's made with 8 1" x 2" rectangular tubes and a square frame of the same. The problem is that the ramp when going down the road stands straight up. Even though it has expanded metal on it, it causes some serious drag going down the road.

My though is to cut it into two, 3' x 6' pieces, then adding a 1' x 2' tube to each section. Then put hinges along that new edge and make it so the ramp can be folded down on itself and only stand 3' tall when going down the road.

I'm thinking the materials to do this would cost about $100, includes welding gas and wire.

So, what do you think? Is it worth abusing my body to get this done? The ramp right now weighs in about 330#, so this is not gonna be an easy project on my own.

Build 06 (1).jpg

Trike On 2.jpg

Aces Loaded (1).jpg

I think you need an Aluma TK1 trailer with electric brakes and spare tire, weighs only 550# and the ramp stows underneath the trailer bed.....for sale cheap ... and I know where you can get one... :D

Get rid of the tailgate and just use aluminum ramps.:)

I would need two ramps ... I looked into that and there are several obstacles.

Good idea, way lighter and more functional.

The main obstacle is where to store the ramps, and how to ensure the ramps don't come off when I put the trike on or off the trailer.

I think you need an Aluma TK1 trailer with electric brakes and spare tire, weighs only 550# and the ramp stows underneath the trailer bed.....for sale cheap ... and I know where you can get one... :D

I tried that ... but alas ... the seller backed out ... sorta ... :D

I even tried ordering a new one closer to home ... that didn't work either.

I think you need an Aluma TK1 trailer with electric brakes and spare tire, weighs only 550# and the ramp stows underneath the trailer bed.....for sale cheap ... and I know where you can get one... :D[/QUOT

I tried that ... but alas ... the seller backed out ... sorta ... :D

I even tried ordering a new one closer to home ... that didn't work either.

you should probably try again... seller has reconsidered... probably could enjoy some Texas bbq on the trip..... :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png