Finally got off the fence

Beyond any shadow of a doubt one of the best upgrades to your trike. I still am amazed how smooth and the improved handling. It's so nice congratulations pricey yes but worth every penny. Fred :good:

I purhased mine from PosseRider used they are great

Better Than the Air Ride Could Ever Be

Hi, During 2019, my Wife and I rode all the way from Dallas, Texas to Mississippi to have DK Customs install the 14" shocks on our 2014 Tri-Glide. Also, replaced the Dunlop stock rear tires with Goodyear Assurance Comfort-Tread tires. The Trike's original Dunlop rear tires were five (5) years old at the time and my Wife and I were getting ready to take a long trip. The Goodyear tires are supposed to deliver a 20% better cushion ride which I can testify the ride with DK Custom shocks and Goodyear tires deliver a better smoother ride than the Harley Air Shocks could ever deliver. The combination of these two upgrades will dramatically improve your ride and you will never again have to worry about checking the Harley shocks' air pressure. However, unlike the Dunlop tires, keep the Goodyear Comfort-Tread tires at 26 PSI as stated in the Harley manual.

Allen S.

Forney, Texas

Decided to stop thinking about it and just order the Pro action shocks from DK Custom Products,still enough riding season left to enjoy them.This should be the best upgrade so far.

I know you have a lift kit from RJS, did you get 13" pa shocks or did you break down and order the lift and 14" shock kit from DK.

All for now Trampas

Well i ordered the 14 inch shocks but DK called and said the 14 inch shocks wont work without the comfort lift on the 17 trikes,still haven't figured out why they wont work without.I know they wont work with the RJS kit but why wont they work with the stock brackets .So yes i ordered the complete package,got my RJS kit sold to a buddy.

Well i ordered the 14 inch shocks but DK called and said the 14 inch shocks wont work without the comfort lift on the 17 trikes,still haven't figured out why they wont work without.I know they wont work with the RJS kit but why wont they work with the stock brackets .So yes i ordered the complete package,got my RJS kit sold to a buddy.

The 14" shocks will work with the stock brackets, Posserider put his on stock brackets and few others on here did also. Not knocking DK's products, they are good for sure or I wouldn't have ordered the comfort lift myself or recommended to a friend of mine. Since you got the whole ball of wax the shock will mount in a different position than stock I guess, the lift bracket is like stock I guess, just different points of mounting the shock, what lift there is in the shock itself, you could have got the 13" shocks and kept your lift kit from RJS. I know Kevin told me I would get a better ride with his lift and 14" shocks and I'm sure I would, extra 1" of travel, but I installed the comfort lift and I will buy the 13" PA shocks maybe at a later date. I know Fearless bought the lift kit and 13" shocks off of Posserider and he is loving it.

All for now Trampas

You will not be sorry Steve. ProAction made a believer out of me 4 yrs ago. Did the lift with the 13" but not with 14". After you get them,you will wish you had them for the ride to Sturgis,lol

Why do we recommend the Convertible Comfort Lift™ for the 14" Trike Series Shocks™ on 2017 and up Trikes?

1. The change in the angle will give a better ride quality

2. Harley tolerances vary wildly. Sometimes you can install the 14" shocks on the stock brackets. But the majority of the time, when trying to install the 14" shocks with the factory brackets, the swingarm will come into contact with the exhaust on the right side, resulting in not being able to install the shocks properly, and/or causing the swingarm to clank against the exhaust when topping out the shocks on a larger bump.

This is why we have the secondary mounting points for the 2017 & up models (you cannot use the primary for the 2017 & up models). The secondary mounting point is 3/16 of an inch Lower than stock.

There are folks that have installed the 14" Trike Series Shocks™ we conceived, designed & tested (and Pro-Action currently makes for us) without any brackets...simply using the factory brackets. They fall into two categories:

1. They have a Harley that is far enough out of spec that it will fit without hitting the exhaust on full rebound

OR

2. They had to loosen the exhaust (or compress the shock) to get it installed, then tighten the exhaust back up. Which means that when a big bump is hit and the shocks try and rebound to full length, they are not able to, because the swingarm comes in contact with the exhaust before the shocks are fully extended.

This does not mean they do not have a greatly improved ride quality. It does mean that they will get an occasional clank when the swingarm and exhaust come into contact, and the ride quality is not quite as good as it could be.

Check out the following video, at the 3:06 mark to get a visual of what I'm talking about.

Kevin

Put them on at 1000 miles. Now 5k and I wouldn’t ride without them on the trike. VERY happy with them.

Hi, During 2019, my Wife and I rode all the way from Dallas, Texas to Mississippi to have DK Customs install the 14" shocks on our 2014 Tri-Glide. Also, replaced the Dunlop stock rear tires with Goodyear Assurance Comfort-Tread tires. The Trike's original Dunlop rear tires were five (5) years old at the time and my Wife and I were getting ready to take a long trip. The Goodyear tires are supposed to deliver a 20% better cushion ride which I can testify the ride with DK Custom shocks and Goodyear tires deliver a better smoother ride than the Harley Air Shocks could ever deliver. The combination of these two upgrades will dramatically improve your ride and you will never again have to worry about checking the Harley shocks' air pressure. However, unlike the Dunlop tires, keep the Goodyear Comfort-Tread tires at 26 PSI as stated in the Harley manual.

Allen S.

Forney, Texas

Recently did the DK pro action and 14 lift. Amazing difference. Wish I had done it years ago on my 2017. Also did a papa zoom front end rake kit. Excellent

It is always great to hear about folks enjoying an improved ride quality! :)

We are constantly working to always improve Comfort, Performance, Handling and Reliability.

Kevin

Yes, they cost a lot, but are worth every penny, order the 14” pro action shocks and comfort lift, they have been extensively tested by dk customs, why not take advantage of all the testing Kevin does in order to improve our ride quality. Had them on 3 months or so and they are fantastic, have no complaints at all.

Hopefully i will get them before cold weather,if not it will give me time to remove the body and clean and check everything out. Looking forward to a much improved ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png