Extended service plans

Jul 5, 2017
Tamarac
Looking for advice on extended service plans

So far checked out Discount esp (John Mesich)

And Motorcycle agent (Jim Palmer )

My factory ended 1 yr ago and did not relise it

Never got anything from HD to warn me

I went with a plan from Jim Palmer. He has a plan that covers aftermarket upgrades including tuners which I have. I hope I never need to use it but his prices were reasonable and communications top shelf.

It boils down to whether you want to assume the risk or ride knowing you have a fall back plan. Since I’m retired and doing about 10k miles a year now, I chose to have a plan. I can go to dealers or independent shops too.

When I bought my 2018 I bought a plan to go further from the factory warranty and I bought it from the dealer, not a harley one but I guess you would say a third party one, I'm happy with the one I bought, it will cover everything even if I put a hitch on, a tuner, etc etc. My factory warranty expires Sep 22, 2020 and my dealer sent me a card reminding me and to come in and discuss adding warranty, guess they forgot I did that when I bought it, LOL.

I know quite a few on here have bought warranty plans from Jim Palmer and are happy with it, you just have to decide which way you want to go or not go.

All for now Trampas

I also went with Jim Palmer and I'm happy. It's just a kind of an insurance policy and I hope I never use it but I thought it would also add to the value if I sell it later.

I just purchased from Jim Palmer got the 3 year plan,need to get some heat out of this 17 and with HD they wont let you do squat without canceling your warranty. Hope id won't need it but its peace of mind.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png