Does CSC trikes have operable Pre Load systems?

paid4c4

300+ Posts
Mar 28, 2016
Crestview Hills, KY, USA
I'm getting an Error message when I try to use the Pre Load system on my 2012 Gl1800 CSC trike. My MotorTrike's Pre Load system was disconnected when it was built. I am the second owner of this trike and I just don't remember if I've tried to adjust the pre load in the past. Perhaps someone with a CSC will tell me if there system works.

Bill

The CSC does retain the rear suspension preload system. But you say your Motor Trike system was disconnected. Motor Trike is a different manufacturer so not sure if if your asking about a CSC or Motor Trike.......? Don't know if Motor Trike retains the Honda system..... Jim

I had intermittent problems with my preload after the conversion. It slowly got worse over time. How I fixed mine. One thing that happens in the conversion is that a rake kit gets installed. On my 2007 with Navi, they had to lift the gauges up to access this. Behind the gauges are 3 connectors. After dealing with the problem for awhile, I dont remember why but I decided to check to make sure all the connectors were seated.

I was able to reach into the fork tunnel from up front and push on each one. I'm almost certain that it was the right connector while standing in front facing the bike that wasnt fully seated. When I pushed in on this one, I felt it click. Ever since doing that, the suspension hasnt given me any more problems. You may want to check this. I'm guessing it came loose when the gauges got lifted but didnt fully pull out. While driving down the road, the vibrations caused it to work it's way out just a bit more causing my suspension system to finally completely fail.

The CSC does retain the rear suspension preload system. But you say your Motor Trike system was disconnected. Motor Trike is a different manufacturer so not sure if if your asking about a CSC or Motor Trike.......? Don't know if Motor Trike retains the Honda system..... Jim

Jim, Thank you for your response, I can see how my post was confusing. I have sold the Motortrike and was asking for my CSC. I have concluded there is a problem and it is going to a Honda mechanic who runs an independent shop on Monday.

Bill

Jim, Thank you for your response, I can see how my post was confusing. I have sold the Motortrike and was asking for my CSC. I have concluded there is a problem and it is going to a Honda mechanic who runs an independent shop on Monday.

Bill

Before you take it to a dealer. Electrical troubleshooting at a dealer can get pretty expensive as it can be time consuming to find the actual problem. At least give my suggestion a try. A loose connector at rear of dash gauges will cause your issue too. It did on mine. Like I mentioned, pretty simple to check by just pushing hard on connector to make sure its fully seated. And you dont have to take anything apart to reach them. Just reach in from under fairing at the fork tunnel and you should be able to feel them. The photo shows the location of my loose connector.

Screenshot_20190904-154853_eBay.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png