AAAARRRRGGGG

Oct 14, 2011
austin tx usa
Removed the left tire and wheel, just checking things out. Found rust forming on a cone shaped metal piece, easy to remove. Then the reason for my subject title; replacing the tire. What a pita!! The tire is bigger than the wheel well. With the help of some choice words and a floor jack I finally got it in. I’m not sure what the correct way to do this is, but there has to better way.

Gerald

Tried that

This is a 2008 Cobra Goldwing. Tried the preload, the indicator showed it it changing up and down, but there was no change in the ride height. Is it disabled on this trike or defective?

The Honda preload May only raise or lower the rear of the trike about 1/2" when connected to the CSC trike conversion.

I found that this additional 1/2" made the difference in tire removal/install. Clearances are still tight but will work.

Also, make sure you are jacking the trike up underneath the differential to allow the wheel you want to remove to hang freely. I position the jack or lift off center of the differential to allow only the wheel I want to remove raise off the floor. The opposite wheel stays firmly planted on the floor.

Hope this helps.

Preload

Can I access the preload mechanism (motor and pump) by removing the seat? Perhaps the reason it isn’t working is because there is air in the system?

Gerald

The right side panel and seat may need to be removed. Hopefully, one of our more technically savvy members can give us more details since I have not had to access my own.

Otherwise, a call to the tech department at CSC can help shed more light on the subject.

Tire help

I have the Cobra XXL kit on a 2008 Goldwing. I found I had to insert the tire toward the back of the bike then rotate and lift it around to line up with the studs. It definitely is a trick. Took me 20 minutes to get the first one on and 30 seconds for the second one. Patience!

I have the Cobra XXL kit on a 2008 Goldwing. I found I had to insert the tire toward the back of the bike then rotate and lift it around to line up with the studs. It definitely is a trick. Took me 20 minutes to get the first one on and 30 seconds for the second one. Patience!

Thanks to Will at CSC I was able to solve the problem easily. I don’t fully understand why this helped, but did. He suggested to set the preload to 0 and then bounce the trike up and down several times using the trailer hitch. Then run the preload up to 25 and listen for a change in the sound of the pump. Before, there was no change in the sound, but now there is.

The quick, helpful response from CSC is greatly appreciated.

Gerald

Thanks to Will at CSC I was able to solve the problem easily. I don’t fully understand why this helped, but did. He suggested to set the preload to 0 and then bounce the trike up and down several times using the trailer hitch. Then run the preload up to 25 and listen for a change in the sound of the pump. Before, there was no change in the sound, but now there is.

The quick, helpful response from CSC is greatly appreciated.

Gerald

Interesting Info ... I'd be interested to know what the recommended fix actually did. Maybe "reset" the adjuster??

Pump

At what number did the preload pump change sound? It should change sound almost immediately. Mine doesn't change sound till 15, another job I have to do this winter.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png