Champion trike kit and EZ steer on 2005 Goldwing

You might also notice the trailer bumping/jerking the trike a little..maybe not...nothing to worry about. Just remember to allow adequate room to cut in/out/changing lanes around other vehicles in traffic. Relax..You’ll be fine. :)

I have been riding around North Dallas a bit every day, since I purchased it. Running errands, picking up chick-fil-a, etc.

Both HWY and urban riding.

I am really enjoying it and getting used to it. I find the trickiest part was turning and shifting at the same time. Locked handlebars makes shifting a bit tough, but I am getting used to it and smoother.

I left the trailer behind, since I had a 1 hr drive home, and it was the first time driving a trike. I need to schedule time to go back and pick it up. Any tips or cautions about pulling a trailer beyond the obvious? I have never pulled a trailer on a bike or trike before.
Nice set up there!

I had the same trailer (CycleMate CM-2000) to pull with a slightly narrower (nearly 6 inches narrower over all at least) Lehman trike, you'll hardly notice it in pulling except perhaps in acceleration or stopping, depending on load. I never shifted with the handlebars in tight turn position, there's no need to. When I drove school buses in the "Hill-city" in the '70s, I learned that once a corner of a curb passed that door, I could crank the wheel to turn. I learned that even with my narrower trike, if I made a turn, if the trike's rear inside most wheel cleared, the trailer cleared due to it's narrower profile. Trailer or No trailer, watch them gas pump islands & pole type guards with the Trike.

I picked up the trailer yesterday. It was a breeze. I did not even feel it back there. The previous owner doesnt have the barrel keys to open the trailer. It is unlocked and will not fly opened, for sure; however, I wonder what my options are here.

I would also like to upgrade the lights to LEDs on the trailer. They are pretty dim during the daytime.

cyclemate cm2000.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png