Likes Likes:  1
Thanks Thanks:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TriGlide "Grounded" at First Service for "Brake Lockup"

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by ultrafxr View Post
    Looking forward to what you learn. Sure wish there was a reference for all the DTCs. All I found stopped at B2274 and I could find no Us. Hope they get it sorted for you soon. What shop is it - H-D of Columbia? Good dealership from what I know. They sure treated us right a few years back when a riding buddy had a problem and we limped in to the dealership.
    That's my dealer and they have been top notch for the many years I've been a customer.
    U.S. Air Force 1967 - 1972

2019 TriGlide Ultra

2. Love Jugs
    12000+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by ultrafxr View Post
    Looking forward to what you learn. Sure wish there was a reference for all the DTCs. All I found stopped at B2274 and I could find no Us. Hope they get it sorted for you soon. What shop is it - H-D of Columbia? Good dealership from what I know. They sure treated us right a few years back when a riding buddy had a problem and we limped in to the dealership.
    I am pretty good at finding codes but HD is keeping these under wraps for now. I wonder if they may be in a supplement manual?
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

12000+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    User ID

Here is some pretty lengthy reading on the recall that affects 19 and 2020 models

https://oemdtc.com/3146/m1506-recall...action-control
    Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride"(Sober 33years)
    Current ride : 17 FREEWHEELER M8, Power Vision tuner, DK Customs Outlaw air cleaner, modified by me head breather vent with drain, Gutted stock mufflers, (RJS Originals) rear wheel discs , (RJS Originals) custom windshield lower panel, Mighty Mites Love Jugs fans by Papa Zook

70+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

I still throw the B2285 code every couple of rides. Here is a link to the discussion we had for B2285 and B2287 (https://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...ighlight=b2287). My B2287 stopped after the second ECM/BCM flash. After having a new battery installed the codes disappeared longer then they had been. My dealer wants me to drop it off for a couple of weeks to see if they can figure it out.
    2019 Tri Glide (Twisted Cherry) - DK 1.5" Tank lift, Floorboard extensions, LRS 8" and 10" Flat Top; DK Lift and 14" Pro Action shock, Cobra 909 Slip-Ons, Tour Pac relocation, Arm Rests w/ cup holder; 1983 AZ VW Trike - 1600 Dual port, PICT 34, Swing Arm; 2020 Vulcan S 650

Contributing Member
    User ID

What did they mean by a brake locked up ? Did the rider step on the brake and one wheel locked up then he rode back ? or the brake was locked up solid and had to be towed ? If I have to make a hard braking my rears allways lock up, Mine is a 2020 they say it has antilock ,Ive never felt any anti lock like a car ?

7. DKCustoms postbit
    40+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by evermill View Post
    I still throw the B2285 code every couple of rides. Here is a link to the discussion we had for B2285 and B2287 (https://www.triketalk.com/forum/thre...ighlight=b2287). My B2287 stopped after the second ECM/BCM flash. After having a new battery installed the codes disappeared longer then they had been. My dealer wants me to drop it off for a couple of weeks to see if they can figure it out.
    I have a 2020 Triglide 1,800 miles no issues so far.

User ID

Lightbulb

Here what I found out today after spending time with the dealer. The technician was told by Harley to update the "recall" software again, but when that was attempted which stopped midway through the update the bike shut down and went "dark". Note, my technician noticed that the software version was different from the original recall software version. I observed that Harley Support offered little help at this point, so the dealer technician was "on his own" to figure out a solution. After he proceeded with trouble shooting the wiring (using a separate service manual for electrical trouble shooting), he concluded that the BCM failed. Once that failed, the ECM would not allow the trike to be operational in any state. For example, the screen in the fairing was not functional, even though all circuits checked out as normal (i.e. not "fried"). The dealer had a BCM in stock and the technician installed it. All systems "turned on" at that point which allowed the technician to try again to update the software as directed by Harley Support. This time, the update was successful and the trike started and ran as normal. There was no plan to test ride the trike until the new rear brake disks and calipers are installed (on order).

Lastly, I am not "signing off" on the repair until the trike is road tested and the brakes are proven operational.

Now, my wife was advised to bring her 2019 Tri Glide in to the dealer for analysis of her software version and to have it updated if indicated. The dealer is scheduled to pick up her trike later this week.

I doubt this information answers many if any questions as relates to other 2019 trikes, but I wanted to update the status of the repairs to my trike.
    U.S. Air Force 1967 - 1972

2019 TriGlide Ultra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12