2+2 narrow sweeper

Hello, I have a 2020 tri glide, I am looking to switch my handle bars out to the 2+2's narrow. I have seen post that you didn't have to change cables or wires extensions, but not all pertaining to the 2020. I do believe the 2019 and 2020 are same. So question is on the 2020 does anyone know if you have to change these two items or just reroute? i did see one post on a 2020 and he said did not have to do wires but I must of missed the cables part. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

I can't answer your question and I'm surprised you didn't see the post that is about 4 posts down, all about the bars you want. You might want to view this and ask your question there if you don't see what you want

All for now Trampas

Hello, I have a 2020 tri glide, I am looking to switch my handle bars out to the 2+2's narrow. I have seen post that you didn't have to change cables or wires extensions, but not all pertaining to the 2020. I do believe the 2019 and 2020 are same. So question is on the 2020 does anyone know if you have to change these two items or just reroute? i did see one post on a 2020 and he said did not have to do wires but I must of missed the cables part. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

changed mine in aug on a 2019 didnt change or add anything, plenty of wire under the fairing if you take the plugs off the bracket. My clutch hose was fine ,the brake hose was tight . i think you will like the 2x2s my back and shoulders thank me every ride. one thing change the riser bushings to polyurethane while youre there

HD answer

I just had the 2+2 Narrow sweepers put on my 2020 TG. If you want the cables to route on the outside of the bars like the original handlebars, no wire extensions needed. (This is what I did) However if you want them to route inside the 2+2 Bars, Extensions will be needed. At least that is what the HD Shop said to me when they called me in the middle of the install and Ask me which route I wanted to take.

I've got these on order with my dealer for my 2020 TG and hope to have them next week. Before ordering I spoke to Khrome Werks customer service / tech service and they told me no wire extensions required and clutch and brake line OK - just clip the wire ties and free them up. Here is just one of the videos I've watched about handlebar changes. Not for these bars but the procedure is the same and he does an excellent job showing and explaining the process.

I installed a set of Wild One 579s on my 2018 TG and ran the wires internally. I did need extensions for that but plan to leave the wires external on the Khrome Werks. Internal looks better but I'm kind of over being that anal. Doing it the quicker and easier way works for me.:)

I just installed the 2+2 narrow sweepers. Had no problems with the wires but did have a problem with Clutch and Brake lines. They were slightly short, had to run on top of the bars at the bottom. Couldn't find anywhere to get more length. If you find something I didn't please pass it along to me, I would certainly appreciate it.

I just installed the 2+2 narrow sweepers. Had no problems with the wires but did have a problem with Clutch and Brake lines. They were slightly short, had to run on top of the bars at the bottom. Couldn't find anywhere to get more length. If you find something I didn't please pass it along to me, I would certainly appreciate it.

All I can refer to is what is in the video I posted. And when I did the Wild One 579s on my 2018 TG I didn't have any problem with the hydraulic lines after I cut the cable ties and pulled on the clutch line. It was tight but did not bind and I rode it almost 30k miles with no problem. My '18 and my '20 have the same clutch line - 37200129 but different brake lines (upper portion) '18 - 41800183 and '20 - 41800687 but hopefully that won't be a problem.

All I can refer to is what is in the video I posted. And when I did the Wild One 579s on my 2018 TG I didn't have any problem with the hydraulic lines after I cut the cable ties and pulled on the clutch line. It was tight but did not bind and I rode it almost 30k miles with no problem. My '18 and my '20 have the same clutch line - 37200129 but different brake lines (upper portion) '18 - 41800183 and '20 - 41800687 but hopefully that won't be a problem.

Let me know if you run into the same problem I did. A solution if you have any. I cut all available ties and still just barely had enough to mount the bars.

Let me know if you run into the same problem I did. A solution if you have any. I cut all available ties and still just barely had enough to mount the bars.

Got mine installed today. Plenty of slack for all the electrical wires and the clutch was fine after I cut all the ties (there were 3 if I recall correctly). Brake line was pretty tight. I tugged on it pretty good to get enough slack to mount the controls on the handlebars but it fit. . . . and unlike the clutch line it doesn't see any movement when turning the front wheel so I don't think it is any problem.

Went for a short 15 mile shake down after the install and I really like that the bars are closer so I don't have to reach for them. I think I'm going to like these bars. :)

Got mine installed today. Plenty of slack for all the electrical wires and the clutch was fine after I cut all the ties (there were 3 if I recall correctly). Brake line was pretty tight. I tugged on it pretty good to get enough slack to mount the controls on the handlebars but it fit. . . . and unlike the clutch line it doesn't see any movement when turning the front wheel so I don't think it is any problem.

Looks like you had the same problem I had with the clutch/brake lines. And HD dealership says you can install 12" without a problem! Laughable

Majority of trikers utilize the narrow 2+2. It was first thing I change after buying my 20 Tri Glide in Sep. No more neck, back or shoulder pain. Stock bars suck. I did a lot of research before I bought and installed these!

Wide sweepers are a little straighter in the grip.

Hi, new guy here. My question is: How is the ride/feel with these bars over stock and compared to the 2+2 wide sweepers?

Thanks
The Wide sweepers are a little straighter and 34" wide gives more leverage OEM are 30" Narrow Sweepers have the same grip angle as OEM. My stiff right wrist loves the wide ones as well as my back and shoulders. I installed a 2" tank lift and these really gave me lots of clearance bars to Fuel tank.

DSC00556.JPGDSC00554.JPGDSC00550.JPG DSC00552.JPG DSC01026.JPG

This is what the OEM look like this picture is 2014 spring, getting out of garage asap.

IMG_0240.jpg

The Wide sweepers are a little straighter and 34" wide gives more leverage OEM are 30" Narrow Sweepers have the same grip angle as OEM. My stiff right wrist loves the wide ones as well as my back and shoulders. I installed a 2" tank lift and these really gave me lots of clearance bars to Fuel tank.

View attachment 94519View attachment 94520View attachment 94521 View attachment 94518 View attachment 94523

This is what the OEM look like this picture is 2014 spring, getting out of garage asap.

View attachment 94522

The grip angle is why I went with the wides. They will be installed next week.

I had Wild One Chubby bars on my two wheelers and on my 2018 TG - 575s on the two wheelers and 579s on the TG. Like the Wide Sweeper they are about 34" wide. I liked them OK but on tight parking lot turns the added width was a hindrance imo. And the added width gets your hands out more in the wind stream which during cold weather I don't like.

Since I don't have any problem at all turning my TG I decided on the 2+2 Narrow Sweepers and they are just fine for me. Don't have to reach for the bars any longer and the width is just fine.

Now the Wild Ones being 1.25" vs 1" diameter look better imo. But the KhromeWerks sweepers are about half the price so all in all I'm extremely pleased with my choice of KhromeWerks 2+2 Narrow Sweepers.

Like Fearless, I have the wide-sweepers and tank lift. I had them on my '11 TG and had them installed on the '20 (along with some other do-dads) before I brought it home. One of my better add-ons along with the RZ seat.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png