Passenger cup holder

Sep 27, 2020
Sachse, TX, USA
I have a 2006 GL1800 Champion trike, and I would like to add a cup holder for the passenger. I do not have the arm rests.

The ones i have seen without the armrest mount, use the screw holding the passenger handle, however, due to the trike fender, there is not enough room for the cup holder to mound and hang properly.

I apologize if this thread has appeared before. I searched but didn't see anything.

I had one on her on armrest under pads, but "Wife Unit" rarely used it. She said at speed, too easy to drop the drink.

Take old jeans that you are gonna trash, cut the legs off about a foot long each, put one leg inside the other, sew the cut ends end shut, just stitch the hemmed ends together but leave open. Double layering helps insulate from sun & wind, you can even freeze freezer packs in a curve and insert them. Add an adjustable neck strap. Get a 2.5 foot long piece of 1/4" OD vinyl tubing, drill a cap of her favorite ride beverage or the lid of her favorite travel cup with a 7/32" hole (tight fit of tubing) and a smaller 1/16" hole (vent). Push tube in until at bottom of drink, and cut the end on a slant. Use cap on bottled drinks, make a few extra too. Drop drink or travel cup into "jean pouch", hang on her across shoulder. She can make it last. The vent keeps the liquid from pushing up the tube as it warms.

You ... or she ... can wrap the drink container with more cloth, toweling, or even a baggie before inserting into the "jean pouch".

Use heavy duty carpet thread, you can decorate it too, add frills or retroreflective strips too, add a pocket for other stuff even.

It's all washable too.

Tube lets it work even with full face helmet on. I even made me one for use, used it hung under my arm, I even used mine in my police car to carry & keep a drink cool & handy on midnight shifts.

I used a small red plastic cap on the vinyl tube end. See Lowe's in odd ball hardware drawers. That way, she could just tuck the tube into the pouch until needing a drink, then just hold the tube, pull cap, take sips, put cap on, re-tuck.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png