Totaled the bike today with out sidecar

Deal made on new 2020 RGU limited that is what the call the RGU now. Zephyr Blue and sunglo black. 114 engine blacked out bike. dealer has to get it bike swap with another dealer.

Making arrangements with Hannigan motorsports to haul my Sidecar down for paint match and some minor clean up.

This is good news. :clapping:

Robert, just came across this thread...glad your alright and happy to hear that you and Payton's adventures will continue on :clapping:

Looks like towards end of December the sidecar will get hauled down to Hannigan Motorsports . They will over winter work it in between other work and get it painted to match and like new again. 45,000 miles it has it's wear and tear.

Then as it get near being done we will work out a time to install it on the new bike by spring.

To end this thread ,I must let you know how it turned out. I had been planning to take the sidecar to Hannigan this winter for a repaint body and frame. The miles and use we got out of it was showing the wear. While it was in the plan was to do a major clean up on the bike at home. Two full winter of riding had done it's damage.

The crash happened and bike was totaled. Call to Hannigan we worked it out to do a 100% refurbish on the sidecar and mount it to the new bike close to the same time line that was planned for just the sidecar work. It worked out in the end to only be a week longer than we had planned last summer for just doing the refurbish on the sidecar.

Hannigan made some changes to the mounts to improve the rig. Did amazing work on the paint. When it was all done And loaded the rig on the trailer to head home I was very happy with it.

Cost. For all the work that was done Hannigan was very reasonable. End of May TN/NC ride is planned for the first longer trip this year. Everything is ready. The bike is new few more local rides and it will be due for the first 1,000 mile service. We will forever remember the Gold rig and the fun we had with it. Time now to make new memories on the the NightFury Dragon.

51054014318_3797f92e35_w.jpg

My apologies....

Forgive me for I sinned by not reading all your thread posts in their entirety. I also know what it is like to lose a bike, but glad you are okay naturally. I wish I could get a new bike myself, but then I think, do I really want something else....???? I am rather taken with your Blue Beast now having seen the pictures, a lovely shade of Blue indeed.

What this thread has proven to me though after many, many years riding solo, is that now it is time to go the sidecar route again. I loved it before back in the youthful days, and I am looking forward to doing it all again soon, once the thing is built...

Enjoy your ride.... :Congrats:

Forgive me for I sinned by not reading all your thread posts in their entirety. I also know what it is like to lose a bike, but glad you are okay naturally. I wish I could get a new bike myself, but then I think, do I really want something else....???? I am rather taken with your Blue Beast now having seen the pictures, a lovely shade of Blue indeed.

What this thread has proven to me though after many, many years riding solo, is that now it is time to go the sidecar route again. I loved it before back in the youthful days, and I am looking forward to doing it all again soon, once the thing is built...

Enjoy your ride.... :Congrats:

In this house riding is a part of life. Wife and I budgeted riding into our retirement until age 80. With Payton in a wheel chair sidecar was the first thing that came to mind soon as she was 6 and old enough to ride.

I have said it before I will stop riding someday. It will not be today. In our trust I have given my children the right to take my keys if I am not making the right decision . I know how hard it can be to walk away for something you enjoy as much as we do riding.

Sidecars can be amazing , but they must be done right.

In this house riding is a part of life. Wife and I budgeted riding into our retirement until age 80. With Payton in a wheel chair sidecar was the first thing that came to mind soon as she was 6 and old enough to ride.

I have said it before I will stop riding someday. It will not be today. In our trust I have given my children the right to take my keys if I am not making the right decision . I know how hard it can be to walk away for something you enjoy as much as we do riding.

Sidecars can be amazing , but they must be done right.

I can't imagine how excited Payton is to take off on the first long trip in her beautiful new sidecar. You and your wife are truly a special couple.

I can't imagine how excited Payton is to take off on the first long trip in her beautiful new sidecar. You and your wife are truly a special couple.

She has a week off from school . Spring break. We have some riding planned. With her Stand up power chair and issues school has to do with people in and out of the building due to COV19 it is harder to work out picking her up at school and leaving the chair there. Then bring her back in the morning with the bike.

Hard on the Aids to get the chair back inside and out to her. In time we will figure it out.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png