Fixing a flat

As you folks might remember I lost a drive shaft / u-joint recently. Got me thinking hard about breakdowns. Ok, so the last incident was not a road-side fix type. But what about a flat. On 2-w, always took off the wheel & fixed it with my Pocket Fix-it & Slime pump. What do you do on a trike? How you gonna take off yr wheel to fix it:confused: Can't carry around a bottle jack on a long trip. In my limited trike experience, raising the rear end of my 03 GL took a floor jack & 2 jack stands. For some reason trying to use the floor jack under the diff just caused the bike to go up on one side. Then used a stand to hold that end up. But what do ya do on the road::confused::confused: Would appreciate any suggestions from the long distance gang. I've got a few multi-day trips planned & dont want to rely on chance. I just learned !@#$%^ happens. :DThks

I am packing for my trip back from picking my trike up in Amarillo and I have my trusty tire plug kit that I have always had with me in all vehicles for years. I also have a Slime compressor.

I have had a number of people use Ride-On that you put in your tires to prevent flats that really works great and is water soluble for easy clean up. It seals punctures. I have not used this myself.

Tom

I carry a crescent shaped device used for Jet Ski and boat trailers. They come in two sizes and the smaller one might work in a some cases. The design allows you to place a corner of the device under a frame or axle then you drive forward or backward to allow the crescent shape lift the Trike up as the curved nature will contact the road surface. I have not tried this and hope it might work on my stiff riding '04 Lehman with a solid axle. With a flat and running boards this is going to be tough. Maybe one of you people with too much time on your hands can design something like this that would be smaller. Here's a link to the Watercraft Superstore. Trailer Jack, Easy Lift | Winches & Jacks | Watercraft Superstore.

I also carry the Stop-N-Go tire plug gun with CO2 cartridges. Never used that on mine but did on another riders two-wheeler.

I carry a air commpreser I bought at walmart for less the twenty dollars plus some tire plugs and a can of fix a flat.
Of course I also carry a set of battrey cables,a small metric socket set I bought at sears on sale for 12 dollars,a allen wrench set some duct tape,some black elec. tape and a small amount of 14 gauge elec.wire along with the orignal tool box and tools plus a small fire extingsher.
You know the boy scout moto be prepared,also I have the gwrra rescue plan,also my foremost insurance plan has a towing and road side assitance plan.
I have used the gwrra. rescue plan twice,once for the motorcycle when the fuel pump went bad tow truck was there in 15 min.
Once with the car,I paid that one and then sent the bill to gw. and they reimbursed me.
:wave4::wave4::wave4::wave4:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png