Tuner recommendations

Al, you stated, air intake and maybe slip ons. Have you considered XIEDs or VIEDs by Nightrider? I never used them, but some friends are pleased with them when only making minor modifications to their bikes. Maybe worth a look-see.

Be safe everyone!

I have the FL-ViED-10 now and was told it would throw codes in a year or so.

After trying to choose the best tuner for my 2019 FW,I choose the Vance and Hines FP3 Fuelpak tuner. Why, because it uses no wiring and all communication is wirelessly through Bluetooth on your Android or I-phone. It does everything a Power Vision can do plus it also has a auto tune feature,like PV, which fine tunes a map while riding. Plus Vance and Hines tech assistance is second to no one. The only negative thing is that it is married to your bikes vin and cannot be used again on another bike. I have used Power Vision on my 2016 and 2017 SGS and after comparing it with the FP3,I decided to spend the money on a easier and more features tuner. JMHO

I went with the FP3 myself and think it's perfect for just about anybody, beginner, intermediate or advanced. It made my bike better just by loading a map to match my components. I may look at auto tuning next spring/summer but I'm not even real sure about that. I did make a few other minor adjustments as well to increase performance but it has a lot more than I will ever need or use.

I removed my Power Vision , and installed a Thunder Max auto tune , got it from Cycle Solution's They asked what was done to the motor and for my V I N number 3 day's later had it in the mail , installed it the other night Road it today 250 miles, It is the best it has ever run, everything is better more power, rideability , better M P G , it auto tune's itself every time you shut it off and restart it changes the map from the last ride . At first it would ping in 6th gear ran a little rough got better every time I shut it off and restarted it. Really great people compared to dealing with FUEL MOTO . Thunder Max list was about $1100 Cycle solution's was $849. free shipping

RD, glad you found a solution. Which header are you running? I’ve done the a/c, decatted header, cvo muffs with 2” Fullsac cores, and the breather bypass, tuned up fairly easy with the PV. Still doing a few timing adjustments though.

RD, glad you found a solution. Which header are you running? I’ve done the a/c, decatted header, cvo muffs with 2” Fullsac cores, and the breather bypass, tuned up fairly easy with the PV. Still doing a few timing adjustments though.

Vance & hince X pipe & Bassani mufflers I have about 4500 miles on the new motor

Power Vision

I removed my Power Vision , and installed a Thunder Max auto tune , got it from Cycle Solution's They asked what was done to the motor and for my V I N number 3 day's later had it in the mail , installed it the other night Road it today 250 miles, It is the best it has ever run, everything is better more power, rideability , better M P G , it auto tune's itself every time you shut it off and restart it changes the map from the last ride . At first it would ping in 6th gear ran a little rough got better every time I shut it off and restarted it. Really great people compared to dealing with FUEL MOTO . Thunder Max list was about $1100 Cycle solution's was $849. free shipping

I use Power Visions for every Harley I own because of the price point and I can tune multiple bikes with 1 tuner (license purchase). The auto tune is built into the Power Vision only for bikes with oxygen sensors. Auto tuning can be confusing with a Power Vision because it must be manually activated and deactivated. I've heard Power Vision just recently (as I write this) been able to tune 20 and up motorcycles. This could have been the problem you were encountering.

I completely agree with your choice to install the Thunder Max. I've only used 1 because the motorcycle involved had a turbo and Thunder Max will retard timing under boost, Power Vision won't.

The tuning for the turbo bike was flawless with the correct base map. The Thunder Max did all the fine tuning automatically and still is every time it gets ridden.

Thunder Max is a great product. I don't believe you can tune multiple motorcycles with it so it get's pricy if you own a few modified, injected bikes.

my 2013 was running as lean as I've ever seen a motor run. Hot too!

I bought it used at 7k miles.

I found a set of the fl veids already on it so obviously they were not working so I picked up a V&H FP3. Amazing difference with a simple setup on my cell phone.

Going to auto tune in a couple weeks but I very much like the FP3 so far.

DeCat next.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png