Kerrville Ride 2021

Hi Jerry! Glad you made it through alright. Kevin and Mary said they too were in heavy rain for just about the whole trip. See ya’ tomorrow!

Hi Jerry! Glad you made it through alright. Kevin and Mary said they too were in heavy rain for just about the whole trip. See ya’ tomorrow!

I followed the rain moving west to east (Arizona to Texas). Did have mist/fog that was heavy over by Irran. Super ride watching the landscape go from desert, to high plateau, then rolling hills. Plus going from oil fields to ranch, then farms. What a great day of riding.

I followed the rain moving west to east (Arizona to Texas). Did have mist/fog that was heavy over by Irran. Super ride watching the landscape go from desert, to high plateau, then rolling hills. Plus going from oil fields to ranch, then farms. What a great day of riding.

Hello Ed !!

Glad your day was a good one. More to come tomorrow!

My first group motorcycle ride that went across a creek....

:)

View attachment 98199

It was a good day!

Chuck

That was the almighty Llano River. Back in 2018 it flooded so big it came close to taking out that metal bridge we crossed in Llano today. There was a lot of devastation and some fatalities. In fact the TrikeTalk Kerrville meetup had just barely ended when that storm hit hard and fast.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a good ride today. We had 11 bikes til lunch then Jerry joined us at Cooper’s BBQ so ended up with 12. The hills were alive with MANY bikes and cars/pickups/people...lots of events going on in the area today.

Looking forward to riding the western side of the area tomorrow...the Sistuhs..

Goodbye Texas Gathering

Was looking forward to a great ride today when I was taken aback when the ride leader, Jerry, approached me and said they'd wait for me at turns. I asked what's this about and his reply was he'd been told I was a slow rider. Now I'm not a hot dog by any means but I've never been called a slow rider.

Guess it started yesterday when the ride leader Pat told us there were hardly any traffic lights until we got to Llano so we could spread out but in Llano would need to tighten it up. OK sounds reasonable. I was second in line right behind Pat and ran maybe 5 or 6 seconds behind on the highway as the wife and I were enjoying the scenery. At the first stop Pat asked me if I could keep up. Huh? What's that about? Anyway I made it a priority from then on to stay within 2 to no more than 3 seconds behind him. There were 11 bikes on the ride and throughout the day the person behind me changed a couple times. I kept a close watch in my mirrors and I was always much closer to Pat then the guy behind was to me.

Now this morning I subsequently learned from my wife that Dennis, who I think was the sweep yesterday, informed Jerry that he was going to have a problem with the guy on that trike because he rides super slow, held us up yesterday and Pat had to talk to him. He was referring to me. What he didn't know is that my wife was standing nearby and heard the conversation as Dennis not only told Jerry but proceeded to tell all the others who were nearby.

So we pulled out of the line and loaded up heading out. Going to Fredericksburg today to do some things the wife has on her agenda and then heading home.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png