CSC rear suspension

cScjhb

2500+ Posts
May 6, 2020
Mesa, Arid-Zone-A
The CSC rear suspension can be highly adjusted to personal riding. The best place to start is by looking at the CSC installation instructions readily available on line. My research was done with a Honda Goldwing Kit in mind so other models may be different. The kit I have has only one shock absorber mounted horizontally between the IRS. That shock can be ordered in different spring rates.

In addition, the spring can be adjusted in length to accommodate lighter or heavier normal loads. The CSC kit retains the OEM rear shock pre load adjustment to fine tune the shock. I also understand that there is a sway bar option that, I think, may even eliminate the sway bar if hard cornering is not important in favor of a softer ride.

The rear suspension on my bike was set up while the body was removed. I don't know for sure if it can be accessed by just removing the top box or anything else. Maybe someone from CSC can chime in and correct me or add additional information..... Jim

Kit Installer

Did you have the kit installed down in the Valley area?

Is so what or who is CSC installer down there?

Would like to have someone look at ours and give us some thoughts/ideas on what if anything we could do it smooth it out a little bit.

It isn't bad but on some roads it can feel choppy. Played with the settings on the left side but that doesn't change it very much so it seems. So wondering if they put in a too heavy of a spring or not heavy enough?

I know the setting switch works as it was checked over when we bought it.

Can't wait for the call that the Trike is done with the Traxxion springs installed. That will make a big difference also. He is also installing Rocky's Comfort Risers, so we will be able to fully use our backrest on our Trike.

I have limited knowledge as my Viper is the first trike I have owned and ridden regularly. But when I had my conversion done back in mid 2016, I decided to go with their standard spring as well as the passenger comfort anti sway bar. My installer wasn't aware of it until I requested it for my kit. I was told that I was one of the first to have it done. After conversion was done, the owner took my trike on a short test drive and was pretty happy with it. In fact, he mentioned that he was probably going to recommend it on all future installs.

The price difference wasn't much as compared to the cost of the conversion. I did test drive another trike he had there with the regular sway bar and then rode mine. I did like the passenger comfort one as well. As far as specifics, I am right around 190lbs and usually ride solo. I will usually ride with the oem suspension setting at around 10-12. I do sometimes pull a homemade cargo trailer or my Aspen Classic pop up camper. Especially when pulling the camper, I will bump the suspension setting up to 20-25 but still rides decently. Also when doing twisties, I will also bump it up above the 12 I usually use as well. My suggestion is to try and test drive a CSC with standard sway bar as well as one with passenger comfort option. It is a personal choice but you won't know until you ride both.

Just to add, I also played with tire pressures to help get the ride comfort to where I wanted. I run about 22psi in rear tires and 36-38 in my Michelin Pilot Activ front. My MPA is almost ready to get changed and I have an Avon Cobra Chrome AV-91 Trike tire ready to be swapped out. I'm curious to see how this will ride but will have to wait until the weather cooperates...

Did you have the kit installed down in the Valley area?

Is so what or who is CSC installer down there?

There are 2 places here in the valley that do good trike work. They are American Bike and Trike. and the other is D&D Discount Motorcycles. D&D is also the owners of Champion Trikes. My bike was already triked when I bought it. D&D did the work for me. I have been doing business with them for many years. The web site for American B&T says they are authorized CSC dealers/installers. I have been to their store and they have some very impressive vehicles. But I have not personally done business with them other than having questions answered. When I was considering having my previous GL1800 triked, they were very open and provided good information that helped me make my decision.

The other thing I would suggest is to call CSC directly with your concerns. I had occasion to talk with them a few months ago and found them to be very helpful and responsive. Good luck..... Jim

Adding oil to rear shock

Was looking yesterday and thinking about adding oil to the rear shock as ours doesn't do anything until 10-11 on the gauge. Looks to me that the rear fenders of the trike kit have to come off to get to the part that you have to take off to add the oil to.

Well my body isn't going to allow me to do that!

I've had 2 Wings with CSC kits and one Wing with a Hannigan kit. The only complaint I have ever had with CSC is that damn mono shock. Hannitgan's suspension is no doubt superior and I wish CSC would fix that issue. Other then that I love the CSC kit and the fact that the it has back up lights and lights underneath when the turn signals are engaged.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png