Dogs remember

cScjhb

2500+ Posts
May 6, 2020
Mesa, Arid-Zone-A
I bought my trike from a dealer who purchased it from the widow of the prior owner. It has substantial fender racks on the rear fenders that I wish were not there. Three or four weeks ago I was fueling up and a lady getting gas behind me approached and asked me about my trike. She and her late husband were the prior owners. We had a nice conversation and realized we live close to each other. She said the fender racks were for a dog carrier for their little dog.

Last Sunday I was stopped at a long stop light with a group of other bikes. I could see the back half of an SUV 2 lanes over with a dog staring at me. It was a black and white Boston Terrier (I think). The dog was not barking or anything.... Just fixated and staring at me. I got on the CB and commented to the group about the dog and someone said he probably just wanted to go for a ride. As the light changed and traffic moved, I realized the dog was in the same SUV I had seen the PO in three or four weeks earlier. I got a little choked up.....

Dogs are amazing..... Jim

I bought my trike from a dealer who purchased it from the widow of the prior owner. It has substantial fender racks on the rear fenders that I wish were not there. Three or four weeks ago I was fueling up and a lady getting gas behind me approached and asked me about my trike. She and her late husband were the prior owners. We had a nice conversation and realized we live close to each other. She said the fender racks were for a dog carrier for their little dog.Last Sunday I was stopped at a long stop light with a group of other bikes. I could see the back half of an SUV 2 lanes over with a dog staring at me. It was a black and white Boston Terrier (I think). The dog was not barking or anything.... Just fixated and staring at me. I got on the CB and commented to the group about the dog and someone said he probably just wanted to go for a ride. As the light changed and traffic moved, I realized the dog was in the same SUV I had seen the PO in three or four weeks earlier. I got a little choked up.....Dogs are amazing..... Jim

They are indeed amazing! All vehicles have their own “sound” and “look”...just ask any dog owner who has observed their dog get so excited when your husband or wife pulls into the driveway... This dog was in deja-vue... trying to see if the rider was his old buddy..the vehicle was right...at least he still has mom to comfort him.. thanks for this post Jim.

My Wife would tell me our guy would jump up bolt out the dog door and wait on the driveway for me to pull up....Even though i was still more than a block away...

I sure miss them all........:(....

Yes... same thing at our house... and yes, I too, sure miss them ALL... even though new memories are being made with these 4 little ones..

Yes... same thing at our house... and yes, I too, sure miss them ALL... even though new memories are being made with these 4 little ones..

Its been 4 years now without a Dog in the house from when i was born i always had a Dog......But the Wife is adamant No more Pets.......So i visit my Sons dogs and even ride over to my Daughter in-law's/Sons Horse with an Apple and a Carrot......:)...

Our two Boxers are toward the end of their lives,11 and 12 and us too we miss all our fur babies but we have decided no more dogs. We want to travel more and having dogs will just hold us back, when we get to the point that we can or no longer travel or feel the urge to travel we will think about another dog. Until then we will go visit our 3 grand dogs and our friends pups. And yes dogs are one of Gods best creations.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png