Getting close

Great work once you sucked it up and take off the body it all gets so much easier and no longer intimidating good job. Good opportunity to clean road dirt also.... Fred

Last edited:
Looking good, what kind of lift is that by the way?? Curious how you got the rear wheels on it since it looks like a single lift

All for now Trampas

Its a Handy lift that I modified by fabricating some pans from sheet metal, since the the lift had a 1 3/4 hole on both sides in the back I drilled a 1 3/4 in both pans then I bolted one pan on then slid a 1 3/4 black pipe thru the hole until it bottomed out then measured the width of the other pan then cut the pipe so it would just clear the inside of the uninstalled pan, reinstalled the pipe bolted the pan on and it just so happens that when the trike is on the pipe is all most dead center of the wheels. As far as removing the wheels I put two bottle jacks under the tie down loops then jack it up and place jack stands under the trunk area.

Its a Handy lift that I modified by fabricating some pans from sheet metal, since the the lift had a 1 3/4 hole on both sides in the back I drilled a 1 3/4 in both pans then I bolted one pan on then slid a 1 3/4 black pipe thru the hole until it bottomed out then measured the width of the other pan then cut the pipe so it would just clear the inside of the uninstalled pan, reinstalled the pipe bolted the pan on and it just so happens that when the trike is on the pipe is all most dead center of the wheels. As far as removing the wheels I put two bottle jacks under the tie down loops then jack it up and place jack stands under the trunk area.

Looks good, I wondered if they were welded on or bolted. Does the lift have any trouble with the weight of a trike ?

I thought it might be a handy lift for the color of it, doesn't mean another brand might be the same color but have never seen it. I know the harley dealers around here have handy lifts, must be popular for harley dealers, just saying, have been in 5 dealers and that is the lift they have. From what I have seen most dealers have the handy for a trike and then everything else is single like the one you have, a few years back had a chance to buy a handly lift in pretty good shape for $800 but I passed it up, sometimes I regret that but my J&S trike jack works good for me.

Thanks for the reply

All for now Trampas

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png