Trike Dynamics tutorial

Nov 27, 2020
germany
Dear community,

I am in the process of planning my electric trike for 5 people. I have learned a loads of stuff on this forums. The thing I am still struggling, through I know the basics are the dynamics of the Trike. Yes I want to understand some golden rules which you guys have learned over time which will make my Trike stable considering the skepticism three wheelers have faced. What I have learned so far is to keep the weight as close to rear wheels. I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Cheers and Peace

Dear community,

I am in the process of planning my electric trike for 5 people. I have learned a loads of stuff on this forums. The thing I am still struggling, through I know the basics are the dynamics of the Trike. Yes I want to understand some golden rules which you guys have learned over time which will make my Trike stable considering the skepticism three wheelers have faced. What I have learned so far is to keep the weight as close to rear wheels. I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Cheers and Peace

Fara, Wow this is a hard one if you are talking about the trike riding 5 people. Hard to plan weight distribution with that many people. Also the trike is going to have to be much larger than the normal one we are used to.

You are still going to have to enough weight on the front forks to keep the front tire having a good grip to the road surface.

Good luck maybe someone else can help.

Gorilla, I am trying to make it compact for short urban deliveries and transport. Also the maximum speed wont go over 50MPH Max. Yes the driver will be pretty much close to the front forks.

Fara, Wow this is a hard one if you are talking about the trike riding 5 people. Hard to plan weight distribution with that many people. Also the trike is going to have to be much larger than the normal one we are used to.

You are still going to have to enough weight on the front forks to keep the front tire having a good grip to the road surface.

Good luck maybe someone else can help.

WOW... this could be really interesting....

I spend a lot of time in China. I have seen these trikes used as cabs. They are four seaters + driver

5 trike 2.jpg

Of course most five on a trikes look like this though....:Dorag:

5 trike 1.jpg

I look forward to your project development!

WOW... this could be really interesting....

I spend a lot of time in China. I have seen these trikes used as cabs. They are four seaters + driver

View attachment 95883

Of course most five on a trikes look like this though....:Dorag:

View attachment 95884

I look forward to your project development!

I road in similar 3 wheelers in Nam (1966)....they held two GI’s or can fit 6 Vietnamese😊....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png