Likes Likes:  4
Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Goldwing fork extensions ?

  1. #1
    60+ Posts
    User ID
    22414
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Monroe, NC , Union
    Posts
    69

    Default Goldwing fork extensions ?

    Hello all, are the brake hoses long enough to add fork extensions without replacing them? If they need replaced, want brand have you all used.

    Thanks,

  2. Roadsmith banner
  3. #2
    5250+ Posts
    Tech Contributor
    Gold Club Member
    Lee H. Mann's Avatar
    User ID
    4486
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    5,459

    Cool

    Brian,

    The clamps for the 4 hoses mounted to the lower fork clamp will need to be re-positioned. I have used 2" extensions and this was a simple task.
    Jim Murphy
    EX-Lehman & Champion Dealer Owner Operator
    Iron Butt Rider 2001

    WHEN HELP IS OFFERED, A SIMPLE "THANK YOU" IS APPRECIATED.

  4. #3
    Cut N Shoot Customs
    TrikeTalk Founder
    TrikeTalk Administrator
    Papa Zook's Avatar
    User ID
    1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Conroe, Texas
    Posts
    10,869
    FT Author
    2 Threads

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camplejeune View Post
    Hello all, are the brake hoses long enough to add fork extensions without replacing them? If they need replaced, want brand have you all used.

    Thanks,
    Yes the brake lines are long enough. When you are reassembling the front end and before bolting on the calipers, install the front wheel, less the fender, and lower the bike so that there is enough weight on the front to compress the front forks. If you don't, you will think the brake lines aren't long enough, but they are and will have ample length for the full range of travel of the front forks. We've installed hundreds of them and all my GL1800 6 degree rake kits come with 2" extensions. We also sell them separately on our Cut N Shoot Customs website for those that may need them.

  5. #4
    60+ Posts
    User ID
    22414
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Monroe, NC , Union
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee H. Mann View Post
    Brian,

    The clamps for the 4 hoses mounted to the lower fork clamp will need to be re-positioned. I have used 2" extensions and this was a simple task.
    Thank you,

  6. #5
    60+ Posts
    User ID
    22414
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Monroe, NC , Union
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Zook View Post
    Yes the brake lines are long enough. When you are reassembling the front end and before bolting on the calipers, install the front wheel, less the fender, and lower the bike so that there is enough weight on the front to compress the front forks. If you don't, you will think the brake lines aren't long enough, but they are and will have ample length for the full range of travel of the front forks. We've installed hundreds of them and all my GL1800 6 degree rake kits come with 2" extensions. We also sell them separately on our Cut N Shoot Customs website for those that may need them.
    Thank you sir, you will soon see an order.

Similar Threads

  1. Changed the 1" fork extensions for 2" extensions...
    By pwhoever in forum California Sidecar Trikes
    Owners Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2020, 04:14 PM
  2. Fork Extensions for 5.5 degree ez-steer on "07 GL1800 . . .
    By Wind Therapy in forum Roadsmith Trikes
    Owners Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2019, 05:14 PM
  3. GL1800 & GL1500 Fork Tube Extensions For Sale
    By Cut N Shoot Customs in forum Cut N Shoot Customs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2019, 01:02 PM
  4. Need Fork Extensions for my '08 Road Star
    By Roadie in forum Yamaha Trikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM
  5. Suzuki Raked Triple Tree Fork Tube Extensions
    By Yogisan in forum Suzuki - Kawasaki Trikes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-2011, 05:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •