Brake puck

Rogue1

400+ Posts
Oct 8, 2018
Ramseur NC USA
I purchased a 22 piece brake caliper tool to Push the puck back into the caliper. It does not work on my rear calipers. Is there a special manufacturer that makes one that will work on these calipers?

I understand how to put the brakes go on. My concern is the caliper tool I have does not work with these calipers. It's an automotive caliper tool and these calipers appear to be too small for the unit to work. Unit does not fit inside the caliper. And All the discs that come with the tool do not fit the puck like they should.

I understand how to put the brakes go on. My concern is the caliper tool I have does not work with these calipers. It's an automotive caliper tool and these calipers appear to be too small for the unit to work. Unit does not fit inside the caliper. And All the discs that come with the tool do not fit the puck like they should.

Take two flat head screwdrivers cross them over and turn in the piston , my car brake set was to big , this works fine .

THE TOOL DOES NOT FIT INSIDE THE CALIPER. Got nothing to do with the emergency brake being on

That tool is kinda of clumsy with smaller calipers. Have you tried using a needle nose pliars? I found the points work good on some smaller pistons. The caliper piston tool I have can be used with a 3/8 drive extension and ratchet. A lot of the cheaper kits have 2 holes machined into the piston plate, I do not like this set up. This is what all of my discs look like

s-l300.jpg

Jack, do you happen to know the size of the disc that is used on these pucks? 19 Tri Glide. I have 18 discs in my kit and none of them fit the puck the way I think they should fit. None of them fit flush. Only two are even close and have the right size pins

Jack, do you happen to know the size of the disc that is used on these pucks? 19 Tri Glide. I have 18 discs in my kit and none of them fit the puck the way I think they should fit. None of them fit flush. Only two are even close and have the right size pins

No I do not, I have not replaced these brakes yet. if you can measure the diameter of your piston I will check my set to see if I have the right adaptor;)

Dale, my smallest adaptor is 1 1/2 inches, it is double sided having different spaced pins on either side, it has a 3/8 square drive center for use with a ratchet also

I have two inch and a quarter adapters that are the size of the puck but only one has pins that are real close to fitting. The adapter will fit on the puck but the pins don't line up exactly like they should. I'm not happy with the way it sits on the puck

I did mine 2 weeks ago with two screw drivers why buy a $150. tool

Just a FYI

I have two inch and a quarter adapters that are the size of the puck but only one has pins that are real close to fitting. The adapter will fit on the puck but the pins don't line up exactly like they should. I'm not happy with the way it sits on the puck

For others that may read this post:

I bought one of those tool kits for use on my VW and thought I could use it on my Trike rear brakes, like you I found one close but the pins were just a little bit wide.

I took a file and filed on the pins, making them a little smaller so they fit in the caliber puck holes - problem solved.

Took me about 20 minutes as I wanted to keep them round and not get too small and break off in use.

They appear to be pressed in so I expect if one breaks you could get a small diameter rod and replace them.

Somebody on here gave me the suggestion of using a pair of needle-nose pliers. It worked great.

You are welcome;) I started doing it that way many years ago before I finally bought a complete kit from Mac Tools. It sure made my job easier and faster;)

I also had a Snap On Tools Spanner wrench that worked on many calipers

s-l300.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png