What moved you from two wheels to three???

You've sold me on getting a three-wheeler, probably a Harley. I have a bad back and had a whole lot of difficulty both throwing my leg over my old Electra Glide as well as backing it up even a short distance. My ladyfriend was happy on the back (compared to my prior Road King) but steadying the bike while she got on and off was a challenge. Slow speed maneuvers on the Electra Gide? Forget about it....

I had a bad motorcycle accident in 1993 (10 days in a coma, head injury, loss of equilibrium, got a disability discharge from the Air Force among other things) and I did not ride again until 2009. My wife told me that if I wanted to ride then it would need to be on 3 wheels. I got my 91 Electra Glide trike and I am always going to keep it going so I can ride it.

I had a bad motorcycle accident in 1993 (10 days in a coma, head injury, loss of equilibrium, got a disability discharge from the Air Force among other things) and I did not ride again until 2009. My wife told me that if I wanted to ride then it would need to be on 3 wheels. I got my 91 Electra Glide trike and I am always going to keep it going so I can ride it.

David............Welcome To Trike-Talk...:wave4:.....

Totaled two bikes with in 3 months. I realized my situational awareness was not up to par and I had trouble balancing,but I wasn't ready to quit riding so I went to 3. Honda Goldwing trike 1st then a Can Am Spyder RT. At 75 I am still able to ride and ride long distance.

I'm 70 and began riding motorcycles in the late 1960s. My last bike was an Electra Glide but I sold it after narrowly missing a deer and bear on separate occasions. I live in Albemarle County west of Charlottesville, VA and at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. My cabin is about ten miles from the confluence of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive so there's access to plenty of great riding in these parts. I find many things desirable about having a three wheeler and was wondering what motivated others to purchase their first. Thanks....

Age+Speed=A real dumb ass. I wouldn't have survived another. Three wheels for me.

Parkinson's, lost my balance. I'm 76, started riding when I was 7. Been in all 48 and 5 providences of Canada and Mexico on 2. Decided I'd try it on 3.

8~\o

After 59 years of riding 2 wheels, old age and broken body parts made my decision for me.

HEY MIKE.

Rick in Sun City West.

I can't reply to your messages so here my phone #

763 957 2706.

Today is Tuesday an I'll be gone till about 6 pm.

Call me any time afterwards................................

P.S. I read your message about the New rear end but can't respond :(

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png