Cataract Surgery

Not sure about all the cost. I don't have very good insurance (medicare). Before the procedure they told me my cost would be about $200 and it came to $236. It make sense to inject medicine into the tear duct where it will be released with normal tears. The doctor did tell me that injection will become their new standard for most people.

The down side to this is now I see a lot more dust and smudges around the house. My former wife might have been right when she said I was messy. I didn't think so. But I couldn't see what I do now. I need to get a better house keeper. The one I had before the surgery (me) wasn't doing a very good job..... Jim

Marie Barone..[Raymond]....When she got glasses had that seeing more thing's problem..:laugh:

When I had the right eye done I was amazed at all the BRIGHT light coming into that eye...it is the same way today. I ride the trike using sunglasses and a very dark face shield over them..plus the Gold Wing had a tinted windshield.

I remember I would look at white t-shirts and think how dull and yellow’sh they seemed to have become...I bleached the heck out of them with no improvement. After the surgery I could see that the t-shirts were now white when using just that eye to view them but were still sort of yellow’sh using just the other eye to view them.

I just had my right eye done this past Thursday morning. I stayed and got a post-surgery exam so I would not have to come back the next day. I go back this Friday for a 1 week check.

The VA hospital does a lot of cataract surgery. They give you pre-surgery drops for a week prior & after surgery, you get 2 different drops to use 4 times a day. 1 steroid for inflammation & 1 to fight infection. If all goes well, in about a month they will schedule the other eye.

The surgeon said they can normally get your vision to 20/25. After 4 days it's getting clearer everyday and the lights are definitely brighter. Next for me is a heart catheterization. I go in 6/1 at noon & they due it 6/2. Hopefully I can go home that afternoon.

The end result for me is that I got 20/25 vision. At night I still see glare in my right eye but I will live with that. I no longer need cheater glasses for reading or computer use. And, I did find out that the injections I got were directly into my eyeball. No eye drops were needed before or after surgery..... Jim

I just had my right eye done this past Thursday morning. I stayed and got a post-surgery exam so I would not have to come back the next day. I go back this Friday for a 1 week check.

The VA hospital does a lot of cataract surgery. They give you pre-surgery drops for a week prior & after surgery, you get 2 different drops to use 4 times a day. 1 steroid for inflammation & 1 to fight infection. I call goes well, in about a month they will schedule the other eye.

The surgeon said they can normally get your vision to 20/25. After 4 days it's getting clearer everyday and the lights are definitely brighter. Next for me is a heart catheterization. I go in 6/1 at noon & they due it 6/2. Hopefully I can go home that afternoon.

Best of luck Michael, you are on my prayer chain

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Well, after my heart procedure on 6/2/21, I had to go back for a 2nd right eye surgery on 6/24/21. there was a small sliver of the cataract still inside my eye, causing inflammation and it wasn't getting better, so they decided to operate again. This time the VA sent me to BJC hospital because it was more involved & took 2 retinal surgeons to perform.

They capped it off by putting an air bubble in my eye to assist in healing. it's supposed to evaporate in a week or so. Now when I look straight ahead, there's a bubble in the bottom of my eye that, to me, looks like the bubble in a level. If I move my head back & forth, it jiggles like a level bubble.:)

The only plus is you are awake, but the mildly sedate you with Propofol, and you feel nothing while they are slicing & dicing on your eyeball.

I have to get the right 1 seeing properly, so I can get the left one done. I was supposed to fly to Utah to see the premiere of the Bagger Racing League my son is involved in, but I can not fly for 2 weeks, as it could increase my eye pressure.

Sadly, my life seems to revolve around my never ending medical care that has sucked a lot of the fun out of my life.:D I had to buy a new car to cheer myself up.

My wife had her eyes done last winter & now there is a "membrane" growing back over the lens. Vision is very fuzzy. They say it happens to a lot of people who have cataract surgery. So now in about 10 days she has to go back. But, this is done in the office with laser surgery. No prep, no after effect & no recovery ,we were told.

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
My wife had her eyes done last winter & now there is a "membrane" growing back over the lens. Vision is very fuzzy. They say it happens to a lot of people who have cataract surgery. So now in about 10 days she has to go back. But, this is done in the office with laser surgery. No prep, no after effect & no recovery ,we were told.

Tell her I wish her good luck for a positive outcome!:)

Eye doc told me after my cataract surgeries that about 60% of people develop “secondary cataracts”. I’ve had one eye done, second eye is progressively getting worse to the point of the laser surgery..it’s a piece of cake all done sitting in a chair👍🏻. Wishing ur bride the best.

I was back at the VA for a post-op exam and my right eye is getting better. The air bubble went away about day 5 & I can see better out of that eye without my glasses, so the new lens is setting in & working. It should get better the next few weeks.

I plan on getting cataract surgery on the other eye in 3-4 weeks.

Good luck to everyone going through this. I'm hoping for a positive outcome for all.

She has the laser surgery, next Wed. Not soon enough for her.lol Hopefully it all goes as well as we have been told. She loves to read & has not been able to the last several weeks. Should also help to see the Grandson play in the Natl Soccer tournament in Fla. middle of this month.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png