Tic Collar Warning

1dn5up

Thumper
Nov 5, 2015
Bear Mtn. NY
There is an investigation going on for the use of Seresto flea and tic collars , causing seasures with passable death.

My pup wore one all last summer with out any issues , and it worked. I did not replace it during the winter. He normally snorts and snores , but that’s a Shih Tzu’s normal way , as they have issues with there breathing.

I removed a deer tic from his ear this morning, with out wearing the collar , as the season has begun. However I’m hesitant as weather to continue using the product :Shrug:. There is a article on the web about it. Please read , then deside.

Frank, I saw that report. Gotta wonder what the difference is now. Seresto has been around awhile and now there is an issue. Don't think we will take the chance with our fur babies.

I haven’t used tick/flea collars in years and years...just did not find that they worked anywhere except maybe around the neck.

Tried the stuff you break open and put between the shoulder blades...too messy.

For a long time on my smaller yard I just put sulfur around the fenceline ... that worked very well.

Now that I have a LARGE yard I have gone to the Bravecto chewables for tick/flea control PLUS give the Heartguard for heartworms.

Actually I cut up one chew into 4 pieces (have 4 dogs) and give to them... works fine, doesn’t over-medicate, cheaper than giving 4 chews at a time...dogs do fine. This once per month.

Friend gives her little dog Trifexis....covers fleas, ticks, and heartworms... dog does fine and no varmints..lasts for 3 months. I am considering going to this... need to investigate price vs. what I am doing now.

Frank, I saw that report. Gotta wonder what the difference is now. Seresto has been around awhile and now there is an issue. Don't think we will take the chance with our fur babies.

I got a new one from Canada , $25 , in a sealed container. Pondering .....

Vet does not recommend flea collars. I use the rub on liquid. No problems. I simply wear throw away gloves. The XL size I had to buy for grandma grumpy were getting expensive, seeing as how they had to be replaced every 90 days. :laugh:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png