Weather riding

I have also ridden in temps well over 100'F. The wife wasn't pleased! Hint, carry an old Cloraseptic type bottle filled with water. Spray yourself while riding. It's like air conditioning. Wet doo-rag on head also helps. And most important, a big pair of those "catarac" sunglasses OVER regular sunglasses.

I dress for the ride as many of you do. Left the house to meet our riding club when the temp was 27 F. It did warm up a bit later in the morning. We rode to our local Veterans cemetery to put wreathes on the graves.

Nine degrees is my low so far. If it's dry I'll ride.
Short trips, 30 miles or so each way.
I ride a lot in the 20's and 30's.
Heated vest and heated grips.
Skull helmet, neoprene face mask and goggles.

Lexi, my trike kit is a Champion out of Garden Grove Cal. I purchased it through a local trike dealer. I had to save what I could so I built it myself in two weeks of evenings. Wasn't too bad just called dealer with questions when needed. I saved $1000 this way! Just saved enough for the easy steer front end and dealer installed it for me in a couple days plus he rebuilt the front forks, installed chrome fork brace,replaced air filter, and installed new Michlin Pilot front tire all in the couple days! It is a 4 1/2 degree rake which is what is made for the 1800. It steers like a dream now and it got rid of 90% of the head shake on a trike!! There are numerous trike coversion makes but I went with Champion because it flows better with the rest of the bike,not square looking like some makes! Hope this answered your questions. Just find a good local trike dealer and they can set you up. Good luck and let me know how it goes!!! Old Stoner!!!

So many of you are really tough. My husband rode his 2 wheeler one year all winter, to prove to himself that he could. He rode each day 12 miles to and from work in all weather, even below zero. Spring break begins tomorrow, and the forecast is for rain every day. Ugh. My trike is not going out in the rain from home, she is too beautiful! I know that I will get hit with rain in our travels, but not going to leave in rain. I wanted to ride down to Amish country before the crowds get bad...guess not.

Old Stoner: thanks for the info. That is just what I wanted to know. Have you driven any trikes with 6 degree rake. Some of the trike shops say they steer really well and get rid of the shaking?

thanks,

I ride all temps, but I live is SC so that's not saying much. Biggest problem with winter is the time to put on the extra stuff and take it off again when you get to where you are going.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png