Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Dang It!

User ID

Default Dang It!

24 months on my Roadsmith with only a couple of very small chips on the fender areas......expected. Then BAM in ONE day I pickup SIX large chips! Three on each side. Just my bad luck I reckon. And one of them is high on the fender about 3/4" long and deep. All at one time when meeting a dang dump truck with a loose load. It sounded like rifle shots as the trike was hit with debris from the dump truck. Reckon I'll live with it for this summer and fall riding them may have to get to the paint shop and KD Cycle.

2. Roadsmith banner
    Cut N Shoot Customs
    Conroe Texas
    Ph: (346) 800-7947
    TrikeTalk Founder
    TrikeTalk Administrator
    User ID
    FT Author
    2 Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Jack View Post
    24 months on my Roadsmith with only a couple of very small chips on the fender areas......expected. Then BAM in ONE day I pickup SIX large chips! Three on each side. Just my bad luck I reckon. And one of them is high on the fender about 3/4" long and deep. All at one time when meeting a dang dump truck with a loose load. It sounded like rifle shots as the trike was hit with debris from the dump truck. Reckon I'll live with it for this summer and fall riding them may have to get to the paint shop and KD Cycle.
    Jim, sorry to hear that! Those wide fiberglass fenders are a magnet for rock chips. Most all dealers, me included, never sell a trike without clear film paint protection or fender bras and so should every dealer that sells trikes, otherwise you will definately be taking it back for expensive paint repairs.

1750+ Posts
    User ID

How well would a good coat of wax in those bad areas work???....................Am i just lucky, but after two seasons, I have no chips eaten out of my paint, and I do ride it everyday.... You, understand that I don't do dirt roads, rocky areas, BUT I'm riding back roads frequently ............. I am a wax freak, every rainy day I just sit in my garage, with headphones on, rock out too Led zeppelin, and wax away............ So I believe a coat of wax just may help protect...............

Ronnie