Throttle sticky

Apr 14, 2011
Great Bend, KS USA
I just bought 2005 GW with Motor Trike kit with 12000 miles perfect bike. The throttle is really sticky to the point don't really need cruise control.

What do I need to lubricate or clean to make it like it should be?

Thanks

Jack

I’m taking it’s cable operated . Remove handlebar throttle and shoot some penetrating lube or 3 in one oil into the cables , and work it . :cool::Shrug:

Check to make sure that the hand grips isn't pushed in against the throttle mechanism and binding....Very common when new grips are put on...:Shrug:..

You have a couple cables coming out of your throttle grip. The top one is a pull and the bottom one is a push. It sounds like your cables are not adjusted correctly and could be fighting each other. Your throttle should snap back smartly by itself. There is a jamb nut on the top cable. I would loosen that and then try loosening up on the adjustment. It's easy to feel when the cable is actuating the throttle. You don't want any slop (cable too loose). What you do want is for the cable to begin moving almost immediately when you twist the grip. Other than that, I wouldn't start taking things apart. Cable replacement on a GL1800 is a BIG job.

One additional thought. The bike hasn't been ridden much and could have been stored in a place that exposed it to some dirt/dust. Try blowing some air between the grip and cable fitting on the handlebar. Then a little silicone spray and try to work it in. Good luck..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johear65
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png