TPMS QUESTION

Sep 17, 2018
alexandria va
When I purchased my Goldwing with the Roadsmith conversion, the TPMS light is staying on. I was told by KD Cycle the reason is that they have to disabled that function for the rear wheels. Did anyone had the Honda dealer disabled the warning light in the dashboard? I am not looking to activate TPMS but disable the warning light in the dashboard.Thanks

When I purchased my Goldwing with the Roadsmith conversion, the TPMS light is staying on. I was told by KD Cycle the reason is that they have to disabled that function for the rear wheels. Did anyone had the Honda dealer disabled the warning light in the dashboard? I am not looking to activate TPMS but disable the warning light in the dashboard.Thanks
Mine is always on also but just an FYI, it works for the front tire but you'll still get the alarm light because of the rear tire.

I've read where some people tear the dash apart to remove the light from behind. I just ignore it.

TPMS Issue

Mine is always on also but just an FYI, it works for the front tire but you'll still get the alarm light because of the rear tire.

I spoke to the folks at RoadSmith about the TPMS light issue. According to the RS tech, the conversion instructions include a direction to tear apart the dashboard in order to place a plug (something like a valve-stem cover) over the light so it will no longer be visible even though it stays on all the time. This sounds like a redneck fix that is only one notch above covering the dash light with a piece of electrical tape! The fact that mine is still visible indicates that the installer at KD Cycle didn't think it was worth tearing apart the dash per RoadSmith's instructions. Mr. Dodd indicated that the TPMS light always stays on unless I feel like tearing apart the dashboard myself to cover it.

I got a different answer from a tech at California Sidecar. According to the guy I spoke to, CSC spent a bunch of money to hire a tech wizard who wrote computer code to disable the TPMS light after trike installation. They have a proprietary computer module in their conversion kit that addresses this problem, and they are not interested in selling the module to anyone with a competitor's trike conversion kit after spending all the money to solve the problem.

Disappointing TPMS from Roadsmith

This is disappointing from Roadsmith. Warning lights of any kind are not good in my opinion. Especially if your in the modification business. Imagine if you got a transmission warning light. And the answer was just put some tape over it. As was noted it doesn’t seem it was “worth it” to Roadsmith. These kind of attention to details is what sets any company apart. CSC seems to have invested in this problem. I’d love to know how much this cost them to develop.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png