Rake kit on Goldwing Air Bag model trike

I tried searching the forum about having a rake kit on a Goldwing air bag model that has been triked with no luck. Does anyone have any specific information as to whether there have been any problems? I have a 2006 air bag model that has a Champion trike conversion with EZ steer. It has about 25,000 miles since the trike conversion.

I bought the trike from a previous owner who had it triked in 2009.

Thanks.

Dave

My question relates to whether or not the change in the angle of the fork legs changes how the airbag would deploy since the airbag sensors are located on the outside of the lower fork legs.

I tried searching the forum about having a rake kit on a Goldwing air bag model that has been triked with no luck. Does anyone have any specific information as to whether there have been any problems? I have a 2006 air bag model that has a Champion trike conversion with EZ-Steer. It has about 25,000 miles since the trike conversion.

I bought the trike from a previous owner who had it triked in 2009.

Thanks.

Dave

Early on, when Honda introduced the airbag model, there were several Trike and Triple Tree manufacturers that didn't recommend it. I never put an EZ-Steer or raked tree on one for fear of disrupting the airbag operation. That has probably changed over the years though. I recall several internet postings in other places saying the same. Some Insurance Companies frown on changes to the Factory Fork assembly modifications too. :Shrug:

airbag

Mine is a 2007 airbag/abs model,it was fitted with EZ-Steer/rake kit by the people who triked it..Colin Appleyards/Leeds/UK...now done 29,000 miles..no prob....the only prob i have had is..I keep receiving letters from Honda telling me to have the Airbag Re-call done free of charge at one of their dealers..BUT..none of them will have anything to do with it...cos it's been triked...probably take too much room up in the workshop????,thats if they can get it inside...have now received another letter telling me to take it to one of their dealers to have a new master cylinder fitted/brakes bled for rear brake dragging...free.....bet you don't have this trouble in the States...stay safe ,take care everyone.....

buxton4.jpg

paul.r -

My recall was done for both the airbag and the brake issue (Champion trike conversion). When they did the airbag recall, they changed out the air filter.

The fact that you have a trike has no effect on the recall procedures. Sorry to hear that you have to contend with poor dealers.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png