Another CSC Trike in the Family

MsT couldn't stand it any longer and traded her 2008 Goldwing trike for a new 2021 with an Encore kit... So far, she is loving it!...

As with any new toy of this magnitude there is a steep learning curve and I think we have done fairly well in figuring most stuff out, but one thing perplexes us...

She did get 2 key fobs with the bike and we have watched the video's concerning how to start it by using only the codes that came with the fob's, but the instructions say that both saddlebags MUST be opened to do this... Even if both saddle bag switches were wired into the trunk latch I can see no way of opening it if you have lost or damaged your fob?...

What are we missing?

Congrats on the new CSC Trike! I am also the proud new owner of a CSC Trike. I have written a thread about this very question and have discussed it with Will at CSC. As long as the rear bottom trunk is open you will be able to use the emergency code to start your GW. The button to open the bottom trunk is the same circuit as the left saddlebag. The right saddlebag button is in the open position.

I only received one FOB with my GW and added a FOB and then tested the emergency start code. As for opening the bottom trunk without a FOB; Look under the seat some where in the mess of wires and connections you'll find a small steel cable with a loop on the end. If you pull the cable the bottom trunk will open. You will also find a cable and loop for the upper trunk under the seat. I routed the upper trunk cable into the bottom trunk. I routed the bottom trunk cable hiding it under the side cover on the left side by the battery. That gives me access to the bottom trunk which then gives me access to the top trunk.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Congrats on the new CSC Trike! I am also the proud new owner of a CSC Trike. I have written a thread about this very question and have discussed it with Will at CSC. As long as the rear bottom trunk is open you will be able to use the emergency code to start your GW. The button to open the bottom trunk is the same circuit as the left saddlebag. The right saddlebag button is in the open position.

I only received one FOB with my GW and added a FOB and then tested the emergency start code. As for opening the bottom trunk without a FOB; Look under the seat some where in the mess of wires and connections you'll find a small steel cable with a loop on the end. If you pull the cable the bottom trunk will open. You will also find a cable and loop for the upper trunk under the seat. I routed the upper trunk cable into the bottom trunk. I routed the bottom trunk cable hiding it under the side cover on the left side by the battery. That gives me access to the bottom trunk which then gives me access to the top trunk.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Thats good ingenuity on opening the lower trunk. I have a 2018 with a Roadsmith kit. Wondering if the cable for it is located under the seat also. I guess you just gave me a project to investigate the next time I have the seat off. This would be worth it to have peace of mind if I need to do the emergency start procedure.

Yeah, rerouting the "emergency release" steel cable for the lower trunk to a side cover is a good idea. It will come in handy at some point... I am speaking from experience!

Yeah, rerouting the "emergency release" steel cable for the lower trunk to a side cover is a good idea. It will come in handy at some point... I am speaking from experience!

I rigged up a emergency release on my Ex 2008 Spyder for the front trunk..Needed it more than once...The trunk open's with a slight turn to the left with ignition key...But not always....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uneasy Rider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png