New Trike Owner (if all goes well)

Apr 8, 2021
Fort Myers Fl.
Hello from SW Fla (Ft. Myers). 72 years young... recently have decided its time to add another wheel to my ride. Currently have a 92 Wing, and an 84 HD FXRDG (not even close to stock) Have been riding legally since 71, but many years on 2 wheels before that. Spent 20 years in the Navy, Retired in 1989....had a blast.

Then lived and cruised on sailing yachts til I landed in Fort Myers. Sold the boat and bought a MC.... Honda Magna.... then a series of wings.... now am getting ready to throw my leg over the saddle of an 07 Hannigan Goldwing Trike...have been towing a 92 Kwik Kamp for about 10 years....Love it.... Florida is pretty flat.....and hard to get lost in....Ran a small business til last year til I decided to pull the trigger, take my SS and "retire".

Lots of things to stay busy with.. tho.... then along came Covid.... kinda killed things for a while down here... but beginning to get back to normal. Love my country, hate what is happening....not sure where its heading....... glad I am an "old fart" to quote my father.

Do my own wrenching, this was the genesis for the HD... the hondas only needed to change the tires and change the oil to keep them on the road.... the Harley was a fun bike to play with....guess thats about it.... looking forward to hitting the road again on the Trike....any comments are solicited and will be appreciated..If anyone has any comments or advice regarding the Hannigan trikes... feel free....

Capn

Hello from SW Fla (Ft. Myers). 72 years young... recently have decided its time to add another wheel to my ride. Currently have a 92 Wing, and an 84 HD FXRDG (not even close to stock) Have been riding legally since 71, but many years on 2 wheels before that. Spent 20 years in the Navy, Retired in 1989....had a blast. Then lived and cruised on sailing yachts til I landed in Fort Myers. Sold the boat and bought a MC.... Honda Magna.... then a series of wings.... now am getting ready to throw my leg over the saddle of an 07 Hannigan Goldwing Trike...have been towing a 92 Kwik Kamp for about 10 years....Love it.... Florida is pretty flat.....and hard to get lost in....Ran a small business til last year til I decided to pull the trigger, take my SS and "retire". Lots of things to stay busy with.. tho.... then along came Covid.... kinda killed things for a while down here... but beginning to get back to normal. Love my country, hate what is happening....not sure where its heading....... glad I am an "old fart" to quote my father. Do my own wrenching, this was the genesis for the HD... the hondas only needed to change the tires and change the oil to keep them on the road.... the Harley was a fun bike to play with....guess thats about it.... looking forward to hitting the road again on the Trike....any comments are solicited and will be appreciated..If anyone has any comments or advice regarding the Hannigan trikes... feel free....

Capn

Hi Fred and welcome to Trike Talk, there are many of us here who share your same sentiments on the direction of our great USA. Enjoy the forum and post often.

I will offer a small suggestion for you... breaking your posts into paragraphs is appreciated, especially for those who view the forum from their cell phones, who make up almost half of our viewers. It makes posts much easier to follow from a small cell phone screen and I have found that paragraphed posts will get more responses than non-paragraphed posts. ThumbUp

P.S.- I went ahead and edited & paragraphed your first post.

Thanks!

Papa Zook

My New Scoot

Update, pulled the trigger today, am soon to be the owner of an 07 GW Hannigan trike...Need to have the brake recall done...other than that it is Turnkey...here is a pic... 32k on the clock....not sure what honda calls the color,,, the PO said it is "charcoal".

Am curious about Hannigans policy of little or no documentation to the end user.... Also am curious about parts if needed such as brake pads, CV joints.... rubber bushings... and shocks.....have not been able to find any info about this... Also the preventive maint that should be done routinely, things like tire pressure recommendations, shock preload adjustments, changing oil in the diff, and taking care of the CV joints.

I owned many VW campers and the CV joints like TLC.....checking the boots,,,,etc.....if any one has any advice regarding this build please feel free.... here are a few pics.....this is my 5th. Wing, a series of 1200's, my 92 1500, and this beauty! Oh almost forgot, purple subdued lighting when parked,,, purple is my lady's favorite color....any way here goes:

20210407_163814.jpg

Capn

Attachments

• 20210407_163947.jpg
    20210407_163947.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Hi Fred, welcome to the forums from the Tampa Bay area. One of the moderators should be able to rotate your pic.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png