Son's friends Ultra

Fearless

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2013
Clarion PA USA
Many months ago my son and a friend showed up with an 03' ultra Classic View attachment 98055View attachment 98056So It sat in the garage all winter long filthy beside old shiney.

DSC01601.JPG

Then the spring warm up

DSC02253.jpgDSC02253.jpgDSC01939.JPG

time for a bath

DSC01942.JPGDSC01950.JPGDSC01941.JPGDSC01945.JPGDSC01949.JPGDSC01948.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01937.JPG
    DSC01937.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01938.JPG
    DSC01938.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01943.JPG
    DSC01943.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01600.JPG
    DSC01600.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 93
Wow, quite the transformation Fred.
This was Jon's father's Ultra he hasn't ridden it since his father passed away close to 10 years ago (a little emotional about it.) . It sat on a porch that was partially enclosed. We pumped up the rotten tires and put in a new battery. A little fresh gas and it started up a little rough but it started. A pile of elbow grease is still needed and I gave him a newer windscreen he like the recurve 10" way to tall for me. New fork legs from Ohio and shop manuals as well, AKA (PosseRider) also donated a sensor thanks again for helping this young man get this old Ultra back on the road when it's completed I'll post more. Ride safe Fred

DSC01941.JPG

It cleaned up pretty darn good, I wasn't sure what color it was, but surprise it is a nice blue

Good job Fred

No I didn't do it I supervised this is something Jon had to do for himself. Advice cleaning supplies etc. And a lot of listening while Jon talked about his father. Really nice to be a part of the resurrection of the old Harley. Travel safe Fred

No I didn't do it I supervised this is something Jon had to do for himself. Advice cleaning supplies etc. And a lot of listening while Jon talked about his father. Really nice to be a part of the resurrection of the old Harley. Travel safe Fred

And i'll bet at times he was also talking to his Father..:).....I do that every time i use one of my Farther's old tools...

I have a set of 6 fancy Gravers made in 1888...In the original velvet case and i keep it on the top of my gun safe......And every now and then i will open the case look at them and remembering his saying don't you use them because you are left handed and you'll rune them....And here they sit 25+ years after he's gone ...And i still will just look at them but never will use them...:(...

And i'll bet at times he was also talking to his Father..:).....I do that every time i use one of my Farther's old tools...

I have a set of 6 fancy Gravers made in 1888...In the original velvet case and i keep it on the top of my gun safe......And every now and then i will open the case look at them and remembering his saying don't you use them because you are left handed and you'll rune them....And here they sit 25+ years after he's gone ...And i still will just look at them but never will use them...:(...
Your right I still have conversations with my best friend words are never spoken but I'm sure he hears me. In many cases he is still guiding me and always will. At one moment Jon slipped and looked at me and said Dad, an honor by the way....

Mighty MIKE

I have a little conversation with my Dad every time I go to the cometary to water the flowers on his grave.

Now my Mom is there to. Will be hard on Memorial Day this year.

Glad to see the bike getting back on the road.

I have a little conversation with my Dad every time I go to the cometary to water the flowers on his grave.

Now my Mom is there to. Will be hard on Memorial Day this year. It never gets any easier.

Glad to see the bike getting back on the road.
I understand it is never easy when I go back it's humbling I still miss them both. They both know I love and more importantly respect them both for their sacrifice raising 4 children. I'm just trying to pass it along if possible.

I understand it is never easy when I go back it's humbling I still miss them both. They both know I love and more importantly respect them both for their sacrifice raising 4 children. I'm just trying to pass it along if possible.

Fred, when I get stumped on a mechanical issue I always say to myself, What would Dad do. The answer always comes to me and I still find a lot of pennies from heaven when I am out and about ;)

Mirrors are really bad shape

Would anyone have OEM take off mirrors Jon's mirrors a rusted and pealing off really ugly let me know how what you want for them. Fred

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png