Tow-Pac E-Trike

I have two bikes and now the wife does not feel comfortable riding with me. She thinks I am not able to support both of us on a two wheel motorcycle. Bad news is she is probably right as much as I hate to admit it. So a new trike is way out of my budget so I was thinking about an outrigger style kit. A friend of mine had one of the original Voyager kits before the owners split up around 1999 and formed Tow-Pac and Voyager. So anyway that being said I'm leaning toward Tow-Pac. I noticed they have a new model the E-Trike. Has anyone had any experience with the Tow-Pac E-Trike conversion?

I think after reading the following post that Tow-Pac is off my list of a viable conversion.

https://www.triketalk.com/forum/thr...ot-InstaTrike-Install-on-Ultra-Classic-Harley

I believe that a Voyager conversion would be a better fit. It seems people are happy with then once the preload is adjusted properly. I read just about all I could find but if anyone has had any experience with them I would like to hear about it, good or bad.

Thanks

So I purchased a new Voyager kit with reverse. I like the quality of the kit, very robust and the welds are perfect. I’m hoping to post my results with this kit if there is any interest.

Voyager

[Go Voyager and never look back...

I went voyager with a dark side rear drive tire and now it is super dependable and reliable.

I initially installed so my wife could drive my 1500 and I would ride my 1200 (Goldwings)

She decided not to get her license and we always ride two up.

I have since sold the 1200 and the 1500 is rarely ridden on two wheels.

I have multiple thread input into my voyager install and what has worked for us.

No regrets....Voyager is the best choice.

Copy of IMG_20210524_132448313.jpg

So I received my Voyager kit. First I changed all fluids and brakes before installing the kit. Easy to install. I also ordered the reverse kit. The kit was very well made. It took about the same time to install the reverse as it did to install the Voyager kit. I installed it on a 97 Kawasaki Voyager. I guess I can say I now have a Voyager Voyager. Steering is hard as I expected. Something I guess for me to get used to. I’m running 1” of preload at this time and it seems about right. I’ve ordered the matching paint. I haven’t bought paint for awhile and wow the price of auto paint sure went up. Two pints of color and a quart of clear was $400. I’ll post pics when the paint work is done. Now to get used to this beast and not forget I have wheels sticking out on each side.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png