2009 Suzuki Boulevard C50 with a Lehman tramp kit Transmission help

2009 Suzuki Boulevard C50 with a Lehman tramp kit Transmission help

Well I think I really screwed the pooch on this one,

I over adjusted my drum brakes and tried to test drive the trike basically with the e-brake on and stalled the bike, Then like a dumb ass I tried it again and then I lost the transmission.

It doesn't seem to be the clutch because I'll start the bike and go through all the gears and nothing is happening

and I do not hear any noises .

Any suggestions on where to start with the diagnosis ? :confused:

Is it possible some thing in the final drive has let go? You say the transmission is OK thru the gears and clutch feels normal? Are you able to actually shift thru the gears?

it's weird, I can go through the gears without the clutch(or at least I can find the gears on the display) so I'm thinking I may have broke it somewhere before the clutch ,

and whatever broke it was a clean break because there is absolutely no noises .

is there any shear pins on this bike that may have let go?

it's weird, I can go through the gears without the clutch so I'm thinking I may have broke it somewhere before the clutch.

I suspect you have smoked the clutch !

I had a customer, straight out of motorcycle rider training, that got 26 miles out of their first clutch.

The second one lasted 300+ miles and SHE is still riding on the third one over 10 years later.

Hers caught on fire at 26 miles and all the chrome fell off the cover.

After backing the brake off enough, jack it up, to rotate ONE wheel (preferably the left) look at the driveshaft and see if it turns.

If the driveshaft rotates, the rear is OK.

You will need to look for the procedure to adjust the clutch in the owners manual or repair manual.

There is an adjustment on the left side of the bike, follow the cable.

You can take the cable adjuster at the clutch perch and back it off to see if you start getting resistance at the wheel.

All of this will take place while it is in gear !!!

If you start getting resistance, the clutch is toast.

If not, the clutch may have disintegrated too.

I think the drive line is robust enough to handle anything the C-50 can dish out, but the clutch is delicate.

You can replace the clutch, plates and springs with OEM parts and make sure if you find any fibers that they are cleaned out.

4 quarts of New synthetic 10w-40WT oil and a new filter and maybe a gasket if you destroyed it.:Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png