03 Lehman monarch 2 brake pads

EBC FA 314R rear replacement pads. Jim Murphy of M J trikes used to make a set of super replacement rear pads that were better than the EBCs

Anybody have a part number for ann 03 Lehman monarch 2 brake pads in the rear.? And is there trick to putting them on easily?

Rod, It is posted somewhare her on T/T but I will elaborate:

The caliper(s) are a two piece configuration.

The outer half can be remove with dismounting the inner half.

There are 2 bolts (use 1/2" box wrench) and remove the bolts.

Remove the outer half, remove the brake pad, remove the rotor and remove the inner pad.

In stall in reverse and make sure pads are properly oriented.

Before tightening the bolts, make sure there is adequate space in the reservoir for the displaced fluid.

Slowly and evenly tighten the bolts.

GB6355.JPG

Rod, It is posted somewhare her on T/T but I will elaborate:

The caliper(s) are a two piece configuration.

The outer half can be remove with dismounting the inner half.

There are 2 bolts (use 1/2" box wrench) and remove the bolts.

Remove the outer half, remove the brake pad, remove the rotor and remove the inner pad.

In stall in reverse and make sure pads are properly oriented.

Before tightening the bolts, make sure there is

adequate space in the reservoir for the displaced fluid.

Slowly and evenly tighten the bolts.

View attachment 98253

Thank you Jim, can't wait to get them in the mail and thanks for the tutorial as well.

Thank you Jim, can't wait to get them in the mail and thanks for the tutorial as well.

Rod, A brief history behind this next post.

Lehman had its axle shaft made and assembled overseas and then the were supplied to another vendor for building the rear axles. Whether knowingly or un-knowingly, the axle used CHINESE axle bearings and sent them assembled on the axle. Between 2005-2009, it was discovered that there was a significant number of bearing failures. At first Lehman thought the axle housing assembly may have been out of alignment, but it turned out that the CHINESE were not providing enough grease (some not at all) in their self-lubricated bearings.

The reason I bring this forward is because of the issue we discussed last night on the phone. That pulsation may be a bad axle bearing, and that needs to be examined closely. You would need to remove the brake assembly as previously posted including the rotor (preferably both sides) and check for any and all axle moved (up-down, in-out rotate for noise).

I stopped using the CHINESE bearings almost 10 year ago and have never had a failure from a Japanese TOYO or TIMKEN. And if you determine a bad bearing, replace them both and include new seals.

I will leave a message on you phone to alert you to this post too.:Shrug:

Rod, A brief history behind this next post.

Lehman had its axle shaft made and assembled overseas and then the were supplied to another vendor for building the rear axles. Whether knowingly or un-knowingly, the axle used CHINESE axle bearings and sent them assembled on the axle. Between 2005-2009, it was discovered that there was a significant number of bearing failures. At first Lehman thought the axle housing assembly may have been out of alignment, but it turned out that the CHINESE were not providing enough grease (some not at all) in their self-lubricated bearings.

The reason I bring this forward is because of the issue we discussed last night on the phone. That pulsation may be a bad axle bearing, and that needs to be examined closely. You would need to remove the brake assembly as previously posted including the rotor (preferably both sides) and check for any and all axle moved (up-down, in-out rotate for noise).

I stopped using the CHINESE bearings almost 10 year ago and have never had a failure from a Japanese TOYO or TIMKEN. And if you determine a bad bearing, replace them both and include new seals.

I will leave a message on you phone to alert you to this post too.:Shrug:
Thank you Jim, you have any part numbers for bearings?

T

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png