Anyone within 500 miles of Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Hello, Does anyone know of a VW trike builder or custom bike shop that works on bikes other than HD within 500 miles of Baton Rouge, Louisiana? My front end is an '84 Yamaha Virago and it's narrow. I want wide forks like a Vulcan or V Star or something similar that I can run a 16in tire.I have to keep my neck because of my VIN. I'm looking for someone that can build the forks from the triple tree to the tire. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Sonny,

Good luck finding a shop anywhere these days that will take on a Home Built trike due to the CYA position that they are forced to take by our spoiled overly litigious society we live in today. By building and riding a Home Built trike YOU are assuming ALL liability. This being said, what you are trying to do is not really a big deal (most of the time). Even the "Mechanically Declined" can accomplish this conversion with some careful research.

There are a lot of metric front fork assemblies that will probably work very well for your application, 1100-up Goldwing, 87-up Voyager, V-Star, and Vulcan come to mind. If you measure your current fork lenght from axle to lower and upper trees, axle straight down to ground, and lower tree straight down to the ground. Also measure the length of the frame neck along the axis from top bearing face to bottom bearing face. Use these measurements to compare to other fork assemblies on those 2 wheelers for a starting reference. I think that you'll find something pretty darn close.

Now here's the secret sauce: https://www.allballsracing.com/forkconversion . Order the appropriate kit, unbolt your old front end, change the bearings, bolt on your "new" front end, and, as they say in OZ, "Bob's your uncle!" you're back on the road.

And finally, The required Lawyer Speak (Tongue planted firmly in cheek): The above information is for educational purposes only! Implementation of the above information is done at the end users own risk. :mad:

Hello, Does anyone know of a VW trike builder or custom bike shop that works on bikes other than HD within 500 miles of Baton Rouge, Louisiana? My front end is an '84 Yamaha Virago and it's narrow. I want wide forks like a Vulcan or V Star or something similar that I can run a 16in tire.I have to keep my neck because of my VIN. I'm looking for someone that can build the forks from the triple tree to the tire. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Check with Papa Zook here. His shop is well within the distance you asked about, 309 miles driving to Conroe TX to Cut-N-Shoot Customs. Not sure if he can help you directly but with his contacts he might know of someone who can help you.

Thanks y'all, I'll try Alabama and Cut N Shoot. And VW, ain't it the flippin' truth. But I have learned that if I put a wrench on something that runs on gasoline or diesel, it will cost me 3 times as much to fix it. Some things I do very well, mechanicing ain't on the list.

while you are at it might look into a set of raked trees

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png