Maggie Valley 2021 Info & Signup Page

I know there's a cadre of the MV faithful that can't figure out why I don't have an entry on the attendee data base. Problem solved! The bike has undergone all its needed service and suffered thru the required "Ed Mods." Therefore I have deemed it ready to ride as soon as I get the new seat installed, tomorrow! :Trike1:

End result; I have reservations for my son, Ric and I. Ric and his 2 wheeler will stand out in the crowd. He's almost ready to graduate to a trike but not quite yet.

Ed

I hope his ego survives all the three wheelers blowing by him in the twisties:gah:

I still stand by my earlier statement of wait and see.That said From all indications I don't think 276 is going to be rideable and that got me to thinking.This might be a good opportunity to ride some of the roads to the north of Maggie Valley.There is good riding all around there and I don't think that area was hit near as hard.

I still stand by my earlier statement of wait and see.That said From all indications I don't think 276 is going to be rideable and that got me to thinking.This might be a good opportunity to ride some of the roads to the north of Maggie Valley.There is good riding all around there and I don't think that area was hit near as hard.

I have been looking at the area north of I-40. We have ridden many of them either with group or just Jan and I. Little Switzerland is good but 150+ miles one way by back roads. Roads like 421, the Snake, Python and Back of the Dragon are 200+ miles one way. Jan and I did it out of Johnson City and Wytheville, VA. on the roadstar before we triked it.

There is a couple roads near 215 that we could try and we should ride the Cherohala again before I get to old. Marc, can you keep an eye on those road conditions?

I'm trying to keep an eye out through news reports and facebook posts.Thats the areas I was looking toward and looked at the Maggie Valley rides website looked like several that were very doable.This may end up like my first Maggie Valley gathering where we ended up flying by the seat our pants and had a blast.That was a fun one wasn't it. It was a flash flood that did most of the damage but the amount of rain( I think 12 in in some places) caused some mudslides. Most of the damage was south of Maggie Valley from what I hear.

Flood

If you give me some specific roads I'll take a look

i live on other side of dragon and Cherahola so pretty easy to take a ride and see.

Im out almost every day exploring

If you give me some specific roads I'll take a look

i live on other side of dragon and Cherahola so pretty easy to take a ride and see.

Im out almost every day exploring

Can you keep an eye on Cherahola for us. And hiway 360 back to the dragon from Tellico. It looks like thats in your back yard

Thanks

John

Well it's time to bring everybody up to speed. My wife (Becky, Bec for short) has a grouping of tumors in her right breast. They are NON-CANCEROUS. Thank you Lord for that! We go to meet with the surgeon next Thursday and then the surgery will be very shortly after that. To add to that, my trike has developed a problem with the rear suspension. The air chamber system has sprung a leak and it appears to be the chamber itself which, of course, is no longer available. I am in the process of researching what I can do to make repairs but that will come a little later. Anyway, with all this happening right now and what I'm sure will be a long recovery period for Bec, I have decided to cancel my Maggie Valley run again this year. This is starting to look like an annual event for me but trust me, it isn't planned that way. In fact I was among some of the early ones to be registered. I also have a ground floor, front of motel room reserved that I'm about to call and cancel for any of you that would like to call and grab it. Or PM me and I will give them your name when I call to cancel (which should be Saturday afternoon or so.

Anyway, thanks for listening and maybe see you guys and gals soon ....... somewhere.

Brad

Will miss meeting you this year Brad, glad that Becky is going to be fine in the long run. Some good karma heading her way.

Checked the Blue Ridge Parkway. The PW is closed at 215, 276 and 151 for mud slides.

https://my40.tv/news/local/wednesda...d-closures-shelter-information-weather-report

Theres some telling pics in this report.As much as I hate it aside from The Rattler I think our usual rides aren't going to be rideable this year.Its mainly the east and south portions of Haywood county and part of Transylvania county.The western part of the state and parts north of Maggie Valley will be good to go as they aren't right beside the rivers.Besides even if roads get opened there will be enough going on and constant clean up that will mean its just not a good time to be on those roads.Portions of 276 are gone.I look at it as an opportunity to ride different roads than we have for awhile.Google Haywood county NC flooding if you want to see whats going on.

https://my40.tv/news/local/wednesda...d-closures-shelter-information-weather-report

Theres some telling pics in this report.As much as I hate it aside from The Rattler I think our usual rides aren't going to be rideable this year.Its mainly the east and south portions of Haywood county and part of Transylvania county.The western part of the state and parts north of Maggie Valley will be good to go as they aren't right beside the rivers.Besides even if roads get opened there will be enough going on and constant clean up that will mean its just not a good time to be on those roads.Portions of 276 are gone.I look at it as an opportunity to ride different roads than we have for awhile.Google Haywood county NC flooding if you want to see whats going on.

I am confident that those of you who have been there many times, will find some good roads. This will be our first MV gathering. We have been there in the past with HOG Natl Rally in Knoxville. back in 04 I think. So after so many years it will be like a new time.

I am confident that those of you who have been there many times, will find some good roads. This will be our first MV gathering. We have been there in the past with HOG Natl Rally in Knoxville. back in 04 I think. So after so many years it will be like a new time.

I have 3 mostly new routes that are not in the effective areas. I think everyone will be happy! All I have to do is figure out how to get them into my Garmin.:confused:

John

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png