Maggie Valley 2021 Info & Signup Page

I have 3 mostly new routes that are not in the effective areas. I think everyone will be happy! All I have to do is figure out how to get them into my Garmin.:confused:

John

I always had good luck loading the Garmin on my CVO. No luck at all trying to load on the HD system. Wave when u go by Dayton. Will be MV sometime Sun afternoon the 5th

Our trip to Maggie Valley and points further East is now in jeopardy. Last November the wife had some major back surgery and now she is having mobility issues. This past Thursday night she fell in the shower and had to call 911 and the paramedics came to get her up from the floor. Went to the emergency room for observation Stayed there for about 6 hours, was sent home and now has trouble standing. once up can move around using a mobility cart. Will have to wait and see what the next couple of weeks bring. Trying to see her primary care doc. tomorrow.

Hey Ray, Any news ??? Hoping for the best :Shrug:

The way it looks now, we are not going to make it. Were supposed to leave next Monday the 30 and drop off some of our daughter things at their new house in Knoxville next Thursday. Sue is moving around pretty good with a 4 wheel walker, Saw the surgeon assistant last week with the MRI taken in the Emergency Room and she noted a bright spot between L2 and L3. Said it could be a reflection off of one of the screws in the spine. Ordered a CT scan and more X-rays.

Got those done last week but can't get in to to see the surgeon until the 12th of Sept. Got an appointment for an Epidural tomorrow. We are hoping that Sue will be well enough to fly back to the coast by the 17th of Sept. We were supposed to have a mini family reunion in Richmond, VA on the 20, 21 and 22nd of Sept. I have 4 siblings left and I am the youngest at 76 years old. and we are not getting any younger and none of us are in great health.

The way it looks now, we are not going to make it. Were supposed to leave next Monday the 30 and drop off some of our daughter things at their new house in Knoxville next Thursday. Sue is moving around pretty good with a 4 wheel walker, Saw the surgeon assistant last week with the MRI taken in the Emergency Room and she noted a bright spot between L2 and L3. Said it could be a reflection off of one of the screws in the spine. Ordered a CT scan and more X-rays. Got those done last week but can't get in to to see the surgeon until the 12th of Sept. Got an appointment for an Epidural tomorrow. We are hoping that Sue will be well enough to fly back to the coast by the 17th of Sept. We were supposed to have a mini family reunion in Richmond, VA on the 20, 21 and 22nd of Sept. I have 4 siblings left and I am the youngest at 76 years old. and we are not getting any younger and none of us are in great health.

Hope all goes well. You will be missed, but family comes first. If you can break free, you welcome to stop in. Just give one of us a call.

Jan & John

I always had good luck loading the Garmin on my CVO. No luck at all trying to load on the HD system. Wave when u go by Dayton. Will be MV sometime Sun afternoon the 5th

I made the route on goggle maps and need to get them into my garmin. By the time I get it figured out, I will have the routes memorized and won't need to have it in the garmin.

I made the route on goggle maps and need to get them into my garmin. By the time I get it figured out, I will have the routes memorized and won't need to have it in the garmin.

I will just follow you, (just let me know you DO have them memorized). lol

- - - Updated - - -

The way it looks now, we are not going to make it. Were supposed to leave next Monday the 30 and drop off some of our daughter things at their new house in Knoxville next Thursday. Sue is moving around pretty good with a 4 wheel walker, Saw the surgeon assistant last week with the MRI taken in the Emergency Room and she noted a bright spot between L2 and L3. Said it could be a reflection off of one of the screws in the spine. Ordered a CT scan and more X-rays.

Got those done last week but can't get in to to see the surgeon until the 12th of Sept. Got an appointment for an Epidural tomorrow. We are hoping that Sue will be well enough to fly back to the coast by the 17th of Sept. We were supposed to have a mini family reunion in Richmond, VA on the 20, 21 and 22nd of Sept. I have 4 siblings left and I am the youngest at 76 years old. and we are not getting any younger and none of us are in great health.

Sorry to hear this Ray. Was hoping to see you again. Hope all go's well so you can do the reunion. Best wishes for you wife's recovery. Maybe next year.

If you miss a turn, don't tell anyone. They will think it's part of the adventure. ;)

As you know, I do that well enough now, to not need any more encouragement.:Angel:

Except for the ones that think they know more than you but don't like leading. Had one yrs ago. Guy thought I was making a wrong turn and won't follow. My way was shorter, missed a lot of highway and he missed a good lunch stop.

Not trying to high jack this thread but a leader at any position other than the front of the pack is a distraction. One thing that’s always be in-forced on all our yrs of riding and extended trips is we don’t change plans unless it’s a group decision and each rider has a designated place in the order of riding. We’ve had a couple of riders in 17 yrs of riding that didn’t get invited on the next trip cause we had to set on the side of the road and wait cause they couldn’t follow the leader or were constantly complaining about the weather or the food or .......

PS.. I was never the front man and always declined when approached with the opportunity. I was usually the tail gunner or in the rockin chair.

Ride

Agreed I’ve been both a Road Captain and Tail Gunner/Sweep for many years

Leader leads. Everyone else follows. Leaders put a lot of time in planning and scouting to ensure everyone else has a great ride. If leader asks offer. If you want to change anything do your own or stay home.

Sometimes we do others not.Not nearly as many have them as you might think.A few of usually do and combined with signals we do ok.

We probably should at least have the lead or someone close to him has a cb and our tail gunner/sweep has a cb

Just trying to get a feel before I get there I guess. I have noticed fewer people having a cb but it is handy having one. On one of our last rides we had a cage following us as a sweep with a radio and it worked out well.

Went to see the spine surgeon today, and he concurs that there is a problem at joint L2-L3 in my wife's back that will require surgery. When don't know, have another appointment the 25th of October. Trying to get in to see the doctor on Monday to get another epidural shot at the L2-L3 joint. If we can do that we will be leaving for points EAST on Tuesday although we will be bikeless or is it trikeless. We should get to Maggie Valley on Sunday mid afternoon hoping that the hurricane is long gone by then.

Went to see the spine surgeon today, and he concurs that there is a problem at joint L2-L3 in my wife's back that will require surgery. When don't know, have another appointment the 25th of October. Trying to get in to see the doctor on Monday to get another epidural shot at the L2-L3 joint. If we can do that we will be leaving for points EAST on Tuesday although we will be bikeless or is it trikeless. We should get to Maggie Valley on Sunday mid afternoon hoping that the hurricane is long gone by then.

Will be good to see you Ray. Janiene & I will be getting there Sun afternoon also. Safe travels. Bill

I just got off the phone with Randy.

We are running into bike problems. Parts can not get here in time. We thought about coming without the bike but the $$ for travel would be better spent on parts. It has over 100,000 miles and this is the only time it's let us down, I guess it needed a rest.

Johnny B has a Cherolla and Dragon ride, Marc has a route and I sent Ed two rides. With Randy coming, I think you will be in good shape.

We will miss you guys! It was a pleasure being your Ride Caption all these years.

See you next year

Jan & John

I just got off the phone with Randy.

We are running into bike problems. Parts can not get here in time. We thought about coming without the bike but the $$ for travel would be better spent on parts. It has over 100,000 miles and this is the only time it's let us down, I guess it needed a rest.

Johnny B has a Cherolla and Dragon ride, Marc has a route and I sent Ed two rides. With Randy coming, I think you will be in good shape.

We will miss you guys! It was a pleasure being your Ride Caption all these years.

See you next year

Jan & John

I am so sorry, I have heard you mention several times how much you enjoy Maggie Valley. Looking forward to seeing you in Texas.

Becky and I have decided not to come down to Maggie Valley this year. She has struggled with too many heath problems this year and is still in a cast from her broken ankle so she isn't able to ride anyways. She just don't need to be to traveling too far from home right now. And we are also still dealing with my Mother's recovery from her fall down a flight of stairs which is keeping us all busy being there for her.

Everybody have fun and we will look forward to next year.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png