Trike Tire Pressure Question

Greetings everyone. I have a 2020 HD CVO Trike. The tire pressure gauge light is on indicating the tire pressure is wrong. The front tire is 35psi and the rear tires are set at 25 psi. Based on forums I have read here the tire pressures are correct; however, the tire light continues to stay on. Does anyone know what the problem may be??

Either you are below the threshold Harley wants for the rear tires or maybe you have to clear the message. Clearing trouble codes may help.

Since you have a CVO , I suspect 25 psi is too low for your low profile tires and wheels. The 22-25 psi many members run is for the 65 series 15 inch tires.

Welcome to the Forum, and congrats on your CVO TG.

As OLDBLU said, I would try clearing the codes. Pretty sure factory specs are 36 front and 26 rear, so 35 and 25 should not trigger the warning.

You'll probably be more comfortable with the rear tires down around 22, and there must be a way to recalibrate the TPMS to accommodate that.

Kevin

Have your dealer check your calibration, this should be covered under warranty

Sometimes adding 1-2 lbs of air will turn the light out( see dealer for calibration and troubleshooting)

Sometimes the ambient air temp plays problems with readings.

Reactions: MDO
My light is also on constantly on my 21 CVO, I run 22 in the rear tires and 36 in the front. Also get a warning on the screen about going to the nearest gas station every time I start the bike but I know it's because of the rear tire pressure. I'll have to check with the dealer about re-programming the tire module.

Welcome to the Forum, and congrats on your CVO TG.

As OLDBLU said, I would try clearing the codes. Pretty sure factory specs are 36 front and 26 rear, so 35 and 25 should not trigger the warning.

You'll probably be more comfortable with the rear tires down around 22, and there must be a way to recalibrate the TPMS to accommodate that.

Kevin

I'm just thinking out loud here......But unless the dealer is a chance taker and wants to monkey around with the TPMS.....What Harley recommends for PSI...Is set in stone..

Remember the Firestone fiasco....Thats the main reason for TPMS on most vehicles ...And why dealers send out bikes/trikes after service with 36/26...

My light is also on constantly on my 21 CVO, I run 22 in the rear tires and 36 in the front. Also get a warning on the screen about going to the nearest gas station every time I start the bike but I know it's because of the rear tire pressure. I'll have to check with the dealer about re-programming the tire module.

Road a new tri glide CVO at Laconia the tire pressure monitor said 29 psi in the rt rear and 31 in lt rear 42 in the front , asked the guy running the demo ride's if I could lower the air pressure he said they tried it and set off the TPs light , I told him your better off with the light on rather than the crappy ride , he said they were trying to get it worked out ? Anybody looking for a 2021 CVO TRI GLIDE Monadnok Harley in Swanzee New Hampshire has a orange color one not put together yet , That can be bought under MSRP. They made me a offer that was hard to pass up , Butt I Did

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Prince
Welcome to the group.

No better medicine than the wind in your face and joy in your soul!
:)

I'm just thinking out loud here......But unless the dealer is a chance taker and wants to monkey around with the TPMS.....What Harley recommends for PSI...Is set in stone..

Remember the Firestone fiasco....Thats the main reason for TPMS on most vehicles ...And why dealers send out bikes/trikes after service with 36/26...

Yeah, that was a bunch of lawyer hogwash.

Check out the real story on this from Lehman Trikes at this LINK

Greetings everyone. I have a 2020 HD CVO Trike. The tire pressure gauge light is on indicating the tire pressure is wrong. The front tire is 35psi and the rear tires are set at 25 psi. Based on forums I have read here the tire pressures are correct; however, the tire light continues to stay on. Does anyone know what the problem may be??

If you search this forum you will find the trike world likes 20-22 in the rear and 41 up front. At least it used to be. I haven't been around for a few years.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png