Went to try and trade for a 2021 freewheeler

Nov 19, 2020
Kansas City, MO
Took my Road Glide over to Harley dealer to trade for a freewheeler. They had a 115% trade in price from KBB. They wanted over 34,000 for the trike and almost 3,000 in fees. Total 38,000. They were showing 21,000 trade in on my Road Glide. I offered 9,000 and my bike. Needless to say we did not make a deal. Said new bikes are at a premium because of lack of supply. I'll look into triking my RG.

What are the the labor cost to install a trike kit with a 180 front end kit. I have a HC custom color? What is the best kit to go with? Would I be better to sell my glide and buy a already built trike? Take care, Rick

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
I'm to old to waste another summer. Last year was lost to idiocy. If I wanted anything that is summer seasonal. I'd lay my money down and start having fun. :)

I would find a different dealer

That is crazy over MSRP pricing

I recently traded my 17 Freewheeler for a 21 and paid MSRP, I guess I am a lucky dog

Best of luck, a lot of dealers are screaming for good low mileage used bikes, shop around

Reactions: MDO
Lets see...some options for the OP: 1)Trike your ride- thats a good winter project but its riding season now.2) Sell your RK instead of trading.You should get top dollar at this time of year.3) Put your RK on consignment with the dealer. See #1. That dealer you dealt with is a crook. Expand your search. Easy to do with your phone. Even if you have to load your bike on a trailer or pickup. Sell your RK and be willing to fly out ride back- now shopping anywhere in CONUS is open to you. I really like that new snakeskin lizard skin color or whatever they call it.Yeah MSRP is what you might have to settle for.Who knows.

Took my Road Glide over to Harley dealer to trade for a freewheeler. They had a 115% trade in price from KBB. They wanted over 34,000 for the trike and almost 3,000 in fees. Total 38,000. They were showing 21,000 trade in on my Road Glide. I offered 9,000 and my bike. Needless to say we did not make a deal. Said new bikes are at a premium because of lack of supply. I'll look into triking my RG.

What are the the labor cost to install a trike kit with a 180 front end kit. I have a HC custom color? What is the best kit to go with? Would I be better to sell my glide and buy a already built trike? Take care, Rick

Contact KB Cycles. Altoona Al. Poppa Zook should also be able to answer your question.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png