Likes Likes:  7
Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much more comfy would my trike be if i put only 22 lbs in rear tires???

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by tfdeputydawg View Post
    "40 in the front"

I would lower that to 36 for better ride.
    Not if your running a rear tire on the front. The majority of the trike crowd from right here on the forum over the last 8 years or so agree with 41 and running it backwards. I wonder what Poppa Zook's take on this is?
    Ridin' three and free. Ain't never goin' back
    2003 1800 Gold Wing Trike w/Roadsmith kit. Northeast Region Trike Riders on F B.

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by cavie View Post
    Not if your running a rear tire on the front. The majority of the trike crowd from right here on the forum over the last 8 years or so agree with 41 and running it backwards. I wonder what Poppa Zook's take on this is?
    ​40 or 41 is good.

1750+ Posts
    User ID

Well guys,

I finely had a good chance to ride my newly lowered tire pressure (22lbs) a good long distance.... and I took it on a long ride to the Vermont area (now be advised, too, those that don't know these back roads, in Vermont, I can tell you that some of these roads are so bad that it would "jarrr" your back teeth.....BUT these roads are also long, sweeping, no traffic, wind'ie bike perfect roads...

I went a total of 189.6 miles Round trip from my home.... Vermont border is 60 miles from my front door......Anyway I LOVE THE TIRE PRESSURE LOWERED DOWN TOO 22LBS., I FOUND THE RIDE SO MUCH SMOOTHER...................SO THANK YOU TOO ALL THAT RECOMMENDED ME TOO LOWER THE REAR AIR PRESSURE...........It's now a pressure to ride my trike again..

Ronnie

4. Roadsmith banner
    2000+ Posts
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by cavie View Post
    Don't know who started the 40/41 stuff or why it took hold but, for me I also started with 41 in a reversed BT45 on the front of my Wing trike. Never had such a hard ride, All most like the front forks were solid rods!!!! Lowered pressure to 36. What a difference.

I encourage you give it a try.
    Christian Motorcyclist Association #64488
    Patriot Guard
    Volunteer Fire/Rescue/EMT/Captain
    Was a LEO
    Part time Corrections Officer

User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Burnerboy View Post
    Well guys,

I finely had a good chance to ride my newly lowered tire pressure (22lbs) a good long distance.... and I took it on a long ride to the Vermont area (now be advised, too, those that don't know these back roads, in Vermont, I can tell you that some of these roads are so bad that it would "jarrr" your back teeth.....BUT these roads are also long, sweeping, no traffic, wind'ie bike perfect roads...

I went a total of 189.6 miles Round trip from my home.... Vermont border is 60 miles from my front door......Anyway I LOVE THE TIRE PRESSURE LOWERED DOWN TOO 22LBS., I FOUND THE RIDE SO MUCH SMOOTHER...................SO THANK YOU TOO ALL THAT RECOMMENDED ME TOO LOWER THE REAR AIR PRESSURE...........It's now a pressure to ride my trike again..

Ronnie
    Atta boy Ronnie!!!!
    Ridin' three and free. Ain't never goin' back
    2003 1800 Gold Wing Trike w/Roadsmith kit. Northeast Region Trike Riders on F B.

1750+ Posts
    User ID

Frank you for the email on lowering the tire pressures...

Yep I'm totally impressed with the 22lbs now in my rear tires......much smoother, NO MORE like I had before I DEflated them

Ronnie

30+ Posts
    User ID

Default 22 lbs in the rear, 36 front 2021 Triglide + happy rider

Once I read this forum I dropped my pressure from 26 to 22 in the rear tires on my 2021 Triglide and it made a world of difference. Then I added the Legends Lift Kit and it rides 100 times better. I'm still thinking shocks because we have terrible roads here, but the lower pressure and lift kit made a world of difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12