Likes Likes:  12
Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stallion Fire

30+ Posts
    User ID

Default Stallion Fire

Insurance company is Progressive and as Flo asks we had bundled the policies. The insurance adjuster (have four) indicated this was the first time they had seen such a bundle. Two of the adjusters have been great; however, we evidently have a newbie. We had an agreed value on the Stallion of $25,000 he wants to give us $21,000. On the Motortrike, do you know they consider a trike kit as an accessory. Motortrike 2010 Honda with 70,500 miles he wants to give me $10,000. Will not even give me the $3,000 in accessories that I was paying for.

User ID

Yes a trike installation on a motorcycle is considered an accessory. I always tell them it’s been converted to a trike and I tell them the cost of conversion or my purchase price when getting insurance.

Not all insurance companies will insure “accessories” such as add-ons. Those that do will often require pics of accessories on motorcycle/trike and receipts. Some will only insure for 1/2 of the cost of accessories. That being said..... the best insurance is a good insurance adjuster. You may need to contact the state insurance commissioner’s office and file a complaint.

When I had a claim last year the adjuster offered me $8,950 for my totaled 1998 SE 1500 wing with Lehman conversion with bout 66,000. I said not enough and sent pic and info from others comparable listed for sale from private and dealer sellers and he called back a couple of days later and with a offer of almost $12,000.

Sorry for your losses Good Luck

Contributing Member
    Gold Club Member
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by gctrikeguy View Post
    Insurance company is Progressive and as Flo asks we had bundled the policies. The insurance adjuster (have four) indicated this was the first time they had seen such a bundle. Two of the adjusters have been great; however, we evidently have a newbie. We had an agreed value on the Stallion of $25,000 he wants to give us $21,000. On the Motortrike, do you know they consider a trike kit as an accessory. Motortrike 2010 Honda with 70,500 miles he wants to give me $10,000. Will not even give me the $3,000 in accessories that I was paying for.
    I have a auto body shop we will not do Progressive insurance work , They are the worst company out there , Geico is second and may take over first place , go on line find comps that are as close to yours as possible , get as many as you can find add the prices together divide buy the number you find and that is the average price of your trike , That trike has to be worth $18000. to $20000 if it was in good condition. When my Stallion was totaled Commerce Insurance company started out at $18000. in the end I got $ 30500. Find the highest comp you can because they will find the lowest . GOOD Luck

900+ Posts
    User ID

Clock spring?

Senior Moderator
    Gold Club Member
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by 2006gold View Post
    Clock spring?
    Gary are you asking what a clock spring is?

If you are it's the mechanism inside the center of the steering wheel that allows the connections of the controls on the steering wheel to me made while allowing the steering wheel to turn.

If your not asking ok.
    Stallion #406 // 2013 Tri-Glide

900+ Posts
    User ID

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    Gary are you asking what a clock spring is?

If you are it's the mechanism inside the center of the steering wheel that allows the connections of the controls on the steering wheel to me made while allowing the steering wheel to turn.

If your not asking ok.
    I was asking, and thanks. Never encountered the term before. Short out of what?

Senior Moderator
    Gold Club Member
    TrikeTalk Moderator
    User ID

almost all modern cars have one in the steering while the air bag uses it besides the switches.

the stallion used one from the ford ranger. for the switches no airbag
    Stallion #406 // 2013 Tri-Glide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12