New 1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate Motor Trike Owner (Almost)

Beautiful trip to Crouch

I did that exact ride 3 years ago. Awesome!!!!! Idaho has become one of my favorite states for touring..... Jim

My neighbor and his wife has a CanAm. Two other neighbors heard we were going to Crouch for lunch and they joined us. It’s only an hour ride there but it was a nice ride. The smoke from California has invaded us and it was so smokey, we couldn’t see the mountains around us.

it was nice to get a ride in. The new tires sure make the trike ride well. I can hardly wait to get the rake kit as I need the power steering. Without, I face a day of awful pain from torquing my back while making the turns. Worth it maybe but I can hardly wait to get the parts.

I found the Trike I bought while I was looking for a Valkyrie bike. I have always loved the looks of all the chrome and having 6 cylinders of American made power. One night this week I looked at every Craigslist ad and all the cycle trader ads sowing Valkyries for sale. I now have a good idea of what is available and what prices are. Coming in to winter, straw hats are on sale.

I made a call on one of the two bikes I was interest in and had a great conversation with the seller. Ended up ….I bought a 1999 Valkyrie. WHY: from the original owner, 13000 miles, and only 450 miles away. His wife and kids bought it for him to celebrate his 50th birthday. Always garaged, all original, and driven by an old guy like me. He clinched the deal when he lowered his price by 30%. I am ready stoked to have a bike ad a trike to work on this winter.

My neighbor is going to fly me out tomorrow so I can drive it home. Should be home by sunset with my new (to me baby.) The seller is going to meet me at the airport so I should have a quick transaction with a wonderful guy.

View attachment 102213

I do realize this has nothing to do with trikes except for the adventure that I am on. He who dies with the most toys wins.

Really nice bike !! Hardly used. Get a Ultimate seat !!LOL

I got an Ultimate seat. Also, new tires, all new fluids, a Switchblade windshield (I have one on my VTX and love it.) The bike is almost completely torn down. The engine is still attached to the frame but everything else has been removed. My forks and shocks are at a Race Tech shop getting rebuilt and I have been busy polishing everything. I have desmoged the engine, replaced all the fuel lines and remaining vacuumed lines. New bearings and seals installed. Finished up polishing the wheels today. What an improvement.

2B2A1BBB-36E4-4B61-875A-BC212B2BCFB9.jpgD3F2E048-1C95-4401-812F-3183749D907B.jpg

I am planning out the new paint job but will not start it until spring because of the low Idaho temps. By then I should know what I want it to look like. I’m also debating the exhaust system. It is way to quite for me. I think HorseApple glass packs will make it sound perfect.

I have a box of parts to finish working through but don’t think I will need to spend anymore money. For a couple grand added to the purchase price, this old gal will be ready for prime time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png