Decision Time.

ZeroG

20+ Posts
Aug 12, 2021
SE OH
[FONT=&quot]I would love to try out a Hannigan conversion. The one I see for sale 4 hours from me is at a dealer. It's a 2008 with 50k miles. Appears to be in great shape. Priced at 27,500. This price does include a pull behind matching trailer. Or I can buy a 2014 GW with 10k miles with CSC conversion for the same price. Seems like a no brainer to me. I will check out the 2014 later today. Still deciding if I should drive 4 hours to check out the 2008 with 50k miles. Leaning against it for now. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here's a pic of each. White is the 2008. Red is the 2014. Which would you choose and why? Assuming both ride GREAT.

[/FONT]

Attachments

• 2008-cinciDealer1.jpg
    2008-cinciDealer1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 2014-1.jpg
    2014-1.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 60
Also in consideration:

A 2008 GW roadsmith conversion. 30k miles. for 19k

Attachments

• 2008=2b.JPG
    2008=2b.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 62
Red 2014 would be my choice, hands down.

Newer model Gold Wing. Some of the Honda dealers have gotten snarky about working on the Honda part of the bike if it is older than 10 years.

Red has lower miles.

Hannigan is a VERY good, extremely well-built kit but you might check around to see how many Hannigan dealers are available closer to you than CSC dealers might be. This could be your deciding factor.

Trailer is nice but there are a bunch of trailers out there for reasonable $$.

The price for the white is way out of line for a 2008 GW with 50k on the clock…even with trailer. 50k is barely considered broken in for a Gold Wing… but buyers will consult their NADA and never pay that price.

Let us know what you decide. Both kits are good quality kits… and the Gold Wing…well its a Gold Wing…their quality doesn’t disappoint…

Thanks All. I am leaning to the newer 2014 red one but have not even see it in person yet ...

Found another one just 45 mins from the red one. This one is black.

It's a 2012 GW roadsmith conversion. 20k miles for 24k asking price.

I figure I might as well go see this one too. He is available later today so ...

Here's a pic of this 2012, 20k miles for 24k

The wheel base on this one looks longer than the Gold and Red GW's posted earlier. Much longer and maybe narrower. Might be optical illusion. :confused:

Attachments

• 2012-1b.JPG
    2012-1b.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 69
I "third" Lola's comments. The white one has a drivers backrest (a must for me) and some air wings but is over priced for what it is. And, do you really want to pay extra for a trailer that you may not even need? Make sure what ever you decide that the bike has EZ steer (raked triple tree) or you will not be happy until it does. All the bikes you are looking at are good quality with a lifetime of use left in them. You really can't go wrong if you heart steers you towards one over the others. Looking for a full report with pictures after you pull the trigger. Good luck..... Jim

Thanks for all the thoughts / replies.

I agree 110% on the EZ steer / Raked front end. All the ones I'm considering have that, a long wheelbase and IRS. All requirements thanks to reading posts on here. THANKS

The black 2012 was a disappointment. heel toe shifter. Yuck. and the guy had only owned it two months. Probably okay but since the red one is available and tested out perfect I'm going to try to go that route.

If that does not work out I'll talk with short stop here or look again at the 2008 gold one.

Short Stop, sorry I could not reply to your PM for some reason. I'd like to see pics of yours. join over at my forum .... forumsforums.com and you can send me pics in a PM there. I'm doc I'm the Papa Zook of that forum. :D

Thanks for all the thoughts / replies.

I agree 110% on the EZ steer / Raked front end. All the ones I'm considering have that, a long wheelbase and IRS. All requirements thanks to reading posts on here. THANKS

The black 2012 was a disappointment. heel toe shifter. Yuck. and the guy had only owned it two months. Probably okay but since the red one is available and tested out perfect I'm going to try to go that route.

If that does not work out I'll talk with short stop here or look again at the 2008 gold one.

Short Stop, sorry I could not reply to your PM for some reason. I'd like to see pics of yours. join over at my forum .... forumsforums.com and you can send me pics in a PM there. I'm doc I'm the Papa Zook of that forum. :D

You would have to be a Gold Club member to use the PM Feature....

All worked out as I'd hoped.

I am now the proud owner of a 2014 Honda Goldwing CSC conversion.

Thanks all for your thoughts and suggestions. :D

Here are a few pics:

Attachments

• 2014-5.jpg
    2014-5.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png