Gl1800 goldwing Lehman monarch II rear suspension

Aug 22, 2021
Durham uk
Hi all,

I have a Lehman monarch II goldwing gl1800 trike conversion. I wonder if anyone can tell me the details of the rear shocks that I need as replacement for the ones on the trike which are on their last legs. The covering on the springs has deteriorated and is no longer there on one spring and all I can get of the other unit is "progressive suspension 1386 25".

Regards

Denis

Hi all,

I have a Lehman monarch II goldwing gl1800 trike conversion. I wonder if anyone can tell me the details of the rear shocks that I need as replacement for the ones on the trike which are on their last legs. The covering on the springs has deteriorated and is no longer there on one spring and all I can get of the other unit is "progressive suspension 1386 25".

Regards

Denis

Dennis.............Welcome To Trike-Talk.........:clapping:....

Dennis.............Welcome To Trike-Talk.........:clapping:....

Thanks for the welcome. I am new to the trike world. I do not have a motorcycle licence and am riding the trike on my car licence. Always fancied a trike and took the plunge a few months ago. Only problem I have is that the donor bike is a 2004 goldwing and the trike conversion is a Lehman monarch II and I need to clean it up a bit such as the shocks but I do not have any idea what the original shocks were or where to get hold of replacement shock. The same goes for the Z piece in the exhaust system which was on its last legs but I managed to fabricate a replacement section from stainless steel pipe . Still need help with the shocks though.

regards

denis

lehman monarch 2

Thanks for the welcome. I am new to the trike world. I do not have a motorcycle licence and am riding the trike on my car licence. Always fancied a trike and took the plunge a few months ago. Only problem I have is that the donor bike is a 2004 goldwing and the trike conversion is a Lehman monarch II and I need to clean it up a bit such as the shocks but I do not have any idea what the original shocks were or where to get hold of replacement shock. The same goes for the Z piece in the exhaust system which was on its last legs but I managed to fabricate a replacement section from stainless steel pipe . Still need help with the shocks though.

regards

denis

I have a GLA 1800 with Monarch 2 conversion......follow/look at the below link to Lehman Trikes Monarch 2 it may help you.....................

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/932385/Lehman-Trikes-Monarch-Ii-Honda-Gl1800.html#manual

lehman monarch

Hi Paul.r,

I have this manual but it does not specify the rear suspension springs. I need to identify what the rears coil overs are and where I can buy them from. Thanks for trying to help.

Regards

Denis

Hi Dennis.....This manual covers the "solid axle" which does not have rear shockers only the single one...mine is the "solid axle" type...hope you succeed....

Hi Dennis.....This manual covers the "solid axle" which does not have rear shockers only the single one...mine is the "solid axle" type...hope you succeed....

Hi Paul.r,

Mine is the solid axle type and I have a coil over located on either side of the diff. - not just one as you say.

If youre talking the Honda shock and then the Lehman shock ,a spring off of a 2012 and up GL1800 can be used as a replacement for the Honda shock. Lehman had a heavy duty replacement spring for their shock as they found depending on the rider/passenger they had some issues with rubbing and went to a heavier spring. You could query progressive or those dealers to see if they could help you. Sadly one person who I knew had the parts,Jim Murhphy of M&J trikes had them in stock.

https://mjtrikes.com/shop/

Supposedly his family is doing Ebay with a lot of the parts.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png